- 29 -

We round up the hunters and with the binding spell we were able to bring them to the cells with ease. They didn’t put up a fight though to begin with as they kept a close eye on Cherry who fainted just a few minutes ago and now being carried by her father.

Mr Hemmings had caught her when she started to fall which sent Brian into a panic mode and probably had a mini heart attack at seeing his mate fainting. Mr Hemmings had reassure us that she’ll be fine and only need rest for using too much power when her whole power hasn’t fully awaken yet. Hearing those words seems to make Brian calm down.

Brian took Alex lifeless body and I can tell that he was hurting. I knew he never like the guy when we first met him, not only because Alex hurt Cherry before but because he is scared that Alex will take her away from him.

He didn’t know that I knew that Cherry was his second mate. He tried to hide it but I wasn’t a fool and I wouldn’t get the alpha position at a young age if I was ignorant either. Emma called it observant though.

When Cherry disappears three years ago, the two went into depression and work themselves out. But the two form a bond that no one can break, friendship. They both understand how they felt and slightly similar incident with their first mate.

They argue time to time and there was one time, they slightly scared us as the two starts to share personality as well. Arvin even got jealous at their friendship when Brian chooses to hang out with Alex instead of him and the two was once known as inseparable.

But the three years I known Alex, I knew he was a great guy. He seems like your typical troublemaker and player but in the inside he is a very caring person. He visits his family trice a week with gifts but never told anyone. He is secretive and I knew he is powerful. I knew my position doesn’t affect him but he pretend that it does.

I had been meaning to ask him what he is hiding not only for my curiosity but also the safety of the pack. But now I will never be able to find out and I never wanted to ask his parents especially how things turn out today.

A soft whimper made me look over my shoulder and it breaks my heart to see a single tear escape Cherry’s eyes. Brian can only look away in pain while I looked down. Cherry had always been special to me, not in a romantic ways but a sibling love. She’s hard worker and kind to everyone. It’s sad to think that her life had turn like this.

When we arrive at the pack house, members were already waiting outside. They must have felt Cherry’s pain and anger as well as one person disappearing from the bond. Alex’s mother cried even though I knew she hasn’t seen him yet but a mother always knew.

There were gasps when Brian emerges around the corner with Alex’s body in his arms. The pack had been attached with Alex as he sometimes goes out of his way to help everyone in pack. Brain and Alex did to the point the pack tease them as the duo. But now, Brian stands alone.

A few of them let out a sob, mostly elders who was grow fond of Alex and some were his friends. Bruce drop to his knees in shock and silently cried not even bothered that everyone can see him. Even Ken who seems to stray away from Alex looked devastated.

They knew that in two days time, a scared prayer will be held at night and the following day, comes the funeral.

“Brian brings Alex to the morgue.” I ordered and Brian hesitates to nod his head. “I need you to come to the office once you clean up a bit.” Brian nod again before walking off.” I look at Mr Hemmings and said, “May I speak with you?”

“Of course, you can.” Mr Hemmings said with a small smile. “Let me just put her to bed.” I nod my head and watch him leave with Mrs Hemmings following close by.

I looked at everyone and sigh. “Please go back to your homes. I will inform you later on but for now I have to sort out some stuff.” I told everyone who looked at where Brian had disappeared to with a sad look before leaving.

“What happen?” Emma said walking up to me with Mitch and Mikki holding onto her hands.

“I tell you in the office. Have someone looked after the twins for a bit.” I said pinching the bridge of my nose. Emma nod and disappear inside the pack house. I run to my room and quickly have a quick shower before walking to my office. Outside the office, Mr Hemmings stood. “Please come in.” I said as I open the door to my office with my key.

Mr Hemmings and I sat down across from each other on the sofa but neither of us breaks the silent. A knock on the door made us look up and watch Brian walk in with Emma in tow. Emma sat next to me while Brian sat next to Mr Hemmings.

“Can you please tell me what happen back there?” I ask Mr Hemmings but I focus my eyes on my hands. I knew it was disrespectful not to look at the Hemmings but at the moment, my head was a mess and I couldn’t careless. I wanted answer and how Alex end up dead.

“Three years ago, we took Cherry to train her to control her emotion and she was an excellent student. Unfortunately her pregnancy had caused her some problems. We never really train to be able to control her emotion when pregnant because it’s impossible. But witnessing the death of her mate had triggered her power.

The child in her stomach may not be fully complete just yet but it got a strong bond with their parents and when Alex died, the child got upset and it affects Cherry’s own emotion. Both of them were in great pain and in denial, not to mention both have the Hemmings blood.” Mr Hemmings said sadly.

“But why? Why did Alex have to die?” Brian suddenly yelled. His hands were clench into fist and trembling furiously. I even fear that he’ll shift and hurt Mr Hemmings.

“Because things are meant to happen but in due time you’ll understand everything. When the time is right, you’ll understand what your purpose in life is. The consequence of being the other half of the Hemmings family.” Mr Hemmings said. “The rest of your question, I can’t answer. You have to talk to her.”

These seem to calm down Brian as he looks at Mr Hemmings with confusion. We watch as Mr Hemmings got up, bow his head slightly and took his leave. Arvin walks in moment later with defeat look.

Arvin took a sit were Mr Hemmings were sat down moments ago. “Do you think all of this could have been prevented if we didn’t call Cherry for help?” Arvin said quietly but no one answered except Emma.

“No, I got a feeling that even if you didn’t call her. She’ll still figure out that something is wrong and she’ll come and not telling her will probably make things worse.”

We nod in agreement before Arvin gave Brian a double look. “What’s wrong?”

“I heard her say that she’s pregnant and Alex happen to be the father.” Brian said quietly while Emma and I gave each other a quick glance. “How can she know that it she’s pregnant with Alex’s baby?” Brian put his face on his palms and groaned. “I felt like she just rejected me.”

“How can you say that?” Cherry said angrily, making Brian jumps out of his seat, startled.

~ * ~

>.<

Please Read EVERYTHING below this sentence! :L

Right we’ll start with the bad news :( then the good news! :)

Bad news: This chapter is the forth to the last chapter. There is only 32 chapter in this story – but I might make a ‘part 1 & part 2 for chapter 32 but still undecided – and MIGHT end with a cliff-hanger.

Good news: A new story will be coming out. I want you all to be the one to decide which story I should start working on. These are your choices, either I work on my ‘On Hold’ stories – The Popular Outcast & He Said He’s Gay! – Or start a new story – Married to My Teacher or Countryside Love – ALSO something I’m planning to do as well…working on the final book of Hidden Truth?

Please comment below on your thoughts and choice of which story you want me to work on in the future. You can only choose ONE, just one story.

Vote if you want a faster upload – everything is here on Wattpad, just in draft. LOL :L

Nessa xx