Oneshot

Ji Min couldn't place the strange sensation that overtook him when he heard Jeong Guk turn down another invite to the club their group frequented. It had been this way for months now. Although Jeong Guk was the youngest and shiest of his friends, the man never struggled to enjoy himself and find someone to warm his bed. Since the last serious conversation between Ji Min and Jeong Guk, their seven-member party squad became six. Protests from the rest of the group were always met with the younger man's excuses of having to find resources for his dissertation and meeting with his advisor. Ji Min knew the truth. It was etched in the way Jeong Guk briefly locked eyes with him before walking away.

He tried to ignore the annoyance tonight's refusal caused as he danced with a random guy at the club. The first few times it happened, Ji Min was bothered. That always went away when he was four shots into the night and had his arms wrapped around a stranger's waist. He could forget about his friend and enjoy himself. Tonight was different. He wasn't able to avoid the absence any longer.

Whenever someone approached him and met his gaze, he could only see Jeong Guk staring back at him. He caught a glimpse of doe eyes watching from a comfortable chair in the back. The body they were attached to was spread out as if it were waiting for someone to sit on it. When he blinked and looked again, there was no resemblance to the man who wouldn't leave his mind. The sight transported him to that night three months ago.

Strong hands made their way down his back and rested on his hips. In his tipsy state, Ji Min leaned closer to the body and nibbled on whatever skin was in front of him. The groan it pulled from whoever he was with sounded amazing. He wanted to hear those noises for the rest of the night. The person he was unabashedly grinding against turned away and pulled him to sit in the back of the club.

The man spread out on a chair and Ji Min straddled him. He latched onto the man's neck and felt a tight grip on his ass. They messily humped each other like teenagers for a while before the hands pulled him away. His eyes immediately went to the dark hickeys he had left all over one of the most beautiful throats he had ever seen. When he glanced up at the face of the person who had him so worked up, Ji Min couldn't stop a low curse from leaving his lips.

"Fuck!"

He regretted it when he saw Jeong Guk, one of his best friends. Their group avoided mixing sex and friendship. It kept things from getting messy. Though he knew the other man was attractive and their dynamic often bordered on flirty, Ji Min was never interested in a relationship or exploring where a night together could go. He hadn't thought of Jeong Guk in that way before. At this moment, however, it was difficult not to. He was rock hard and had practically marked the other as his own. The bottles of soju and arousal in his system convinced him to throw caution aside. He could deal with the awkwardness and consequences after he snuck out of his friend's bed in the middle of the night. He lunged forward but was quickly stopped.

"I can't let you do that, Jiminie-hyung. As much as I'd love to strip you down right here and sit you on my cock, that's not what you really want. You don't want me to sit on yours either. I'd be happy with either but I know you're not interested in me."

"I was until you opened your mouth. How about you shut it again, unless it's on my dick, and we can pick up where we left off?" Ji Min dropped his voice and pinned Jeong Guk with a sultry gaze, trying to get his way. He knew he failed when all he got was a scoff in response.

"I'm not going to fall for that. I know this would be a one-night thing and that's not what I want. I've had a crush on you for years, but I knew you weren't looking for anything serious. I waited for a long time to confirm I was sure about how I feel. I didn't want to bring it up and make things uncomfortable if I changed my mind later. I needed to see if it was more than physical attraction and being around you a lot. Now that I know, I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't at least tell you. I'm about to finish my doctorate. I've already got a job lined up. A boyfriend is the last mark on my grown-up checklist. I've been thinking about settling down for a while. You don't want me for more than my body but you and I make a lot of sense. Please think about it. We could be great together."