~3~

They all piled in the locker room, Goldberg laid across the bench, "Somebody get a shovel and bury me right here." Sophia sighed, feeling bad for what positions they were put in. Charlie walked in tired, "I will teach you to play like what? Starts with a "W!"

"Wussies."

Sophia sat down next to him, "That's right. Wussies on offense and defense!"

"Defense, defense, defense." They all chanted. Russ grunts while sitting down.

Coach walked in and towards the bulletin board, "Eden Hall Academy requires you to maintain a "C" average to compete."

"Cool." Goldberg said.

"I believe that's a bad rule."

"Wow."

"Mm-hmm. Go, Coach."

"I don't want any "C" players on my team. I want B's or better or you're gonna be riding the pine pony. Now you got 15 minutes after each practice to clear this locker room. You got homework to do. Oh, one more thing. Stay clear of the varsity until we play 'em in the JV Varsity showdown. You got that?"

Everyone nodded and he slammed the door. Everyone grunts while Sophia was taking her skates off. "Fifteen minutes? Man, I cannot move." Russ said.

Charlie was taking his jersey off. Sophia looked down at her hands, knowing no one is going to like what position Coach put them in, "Hey, you guys, look. He posted our positions." Connie said, getting up and walking over to the board. Charlie took his pads and then put his arm around Sophia's shoulders.

"Hey, you okay?"

She nodded,"Yeah, just been a long day." Then she looked back down at her hands.

Fulton put his arms out, "I don't believe this. I play left not right."

Russ looked at the board, "Third line! Man, that's a major diss."

Adam stood behind Connie, looking for his name, "I'm not even posted."

"Yeah, you are. Adam Banks, third line, center. Varsity?"

"I made varsity?" he said, walking back over to the bench.

"That's the great thing about being a goalie, you know? You always know where you stand. I just mind my business, take my place between the pipes." Goldberg said.

Averman chuckled and turned to face him, "You're riding the pine pony, pal."

He laughed, "Very funny."

"Julie's one. You're two."

"I'm back up?" he got up and ran over to the board, "How can he do this to me? What am I, chopped liver?"

Goldberg walked away and Dwayne looked at the board, "Hey...who-who's Captain Tibid?"

"Oh, that's Captain T.B.D. To be determined." Guy told him.

"Oh. oh, I see. Well, no, I don't. That's your job, Charlie." he said, looking at Charlie.

Charlie dropped his arm off Sophia's shoulder and looked around at everyone. Sophia got up and left, going home to see Hans. When she got there, she sat down and watched him sharpening skates.

"How was your first day?" he asked, focused on the skate.

She sighed, "It was okay. The new coach is a little too strict."

He looked at her, "It takes time to get used to something or someone new."

Sophia smiled and watched him continue sharpening. She saw Charlie walk in, sadly closing the door. Hans was still focused on the skate, "School was not so fun today, eh Charlie?"