Chapter 4: "This Is Getting Out of Hand"

Maddie's POV:

I looked over at Mackenzie with a worried look. Since she had gotten the new medicine, she had been getting paler, thinner, and just sickly looking. It seemed like it was doing its job, but it was having an effect on her.

"Kenz, are you ok?" I asked again. She looked over at me with an annoyed look.

"For the tenth time, I'm fine!" Kenzie yelled. That was another thing. She was really moody.

Kenz sighed then looked back up at me. "I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me."

I gave her a sympathetic look and hugged her. "It's not you, Kenzie. It's the medicine."

Kenz burrowed her head into my shoulder and began to cry. I smoothed her hair back out of her face and rubbed her back because I knew words couldn't really help her right now.

"I hate being me." Kenz mumbled.
I gently moved her off of me and cradled her cheek.

"Kenzie, don't say that. You're amazing. Everyone who says you aren't, are jealous of you. You are an awesome person and the best little sister ever." I consoled her. She looked off and refused to look at me.

"They always bring us down. I've heard them call you worthless, fat, and other horrible names! How can you deal with it?!" Kenz cried, despair laced within her voice. Honestly, it killed me inside, but I didn't want to admit that to her. She was going through enough as it is and when I'm worried, she gets upset and worried as well. And I already couldn't bear seeing Kenz like this.

"Seeing you helps. A lot. If I didn't have a pesky little sister like you, I couldn't do it." I teased, causing Kenzie to giggle.

"There's that Kenzie boo smile." I told her. "Now, go get ready for dance. You've got this."

"Thanks Madz." Kenzie said before bounding up the stairs to her room to get changed.

I leaned back into the couch and sighed.

This is getting out of hand.
.-.-.
"Point your toes, Nia!" Abby yelled for the fiftieth time. Everyone was getting yelled at, except for Mackenzie and I, even though we both did some things wrong as well.

"Ok, stop!" Abby said. Gia pressed the stop button on the stereo, shutting off the soft music filling the room. Abby glared at everyone except for Kenz and I, earning us glares from the other girls. I rolled my eyes and was tempted to flip them off, but I thought better of it.

For now.

"What is going on with everyone?! You are not on beat and the little things that you should know are not there! I'm getting sick and tired of reteaching the choreography!" Abby raged, letting go of all of the anger she had. I cringed under the sound of her voice echoing throughout the studio. She was really upset.

"Alright, Maddie, stay in here for your solo. Mackenzie, studio B for your solo. Everyone else go to studio C and work on the group dance."

Suddenly, yelling from upstairs erupted though to the studio. We glanced up to see the moms having a scream fight at each other over.....

You guessed it. Kenz and I getting privates.

I saw Christi jump up from the bench and run down the stairs. Soon enough, the sound of her heels clicking on the hardwood floor outside of the studio could be heard before she flung the studio door open.

"Abby, I am sick of you giving Maddie and Mackenzie privates and solos every week while Chloe and the other girls are thrown to the wolves! You're setting them up to fail! All except for the Ziegler girls! I'm done! Come on Chlo, you're not competing this weekend!" Christi screamed before running over and grabbing Chloe's hand and forcefully dragging her out of the studio.

Abby shook her head and sighed. "Jealous. Nothing but jealously. Girls, that is a good example of how not to act."

This was why everyone hated us. Because of something we can't control.
_______________________
Pls follow my back up account and vote on my fanfiction I'm writing. FanFicsForDays00