Hotel

The night was long, and forcing yourself to wake up every hour or so didn't help the length of it or your current mental state of being tired and spacey, but you refused to let your mind be at ease regardless. The sun was starting to rise, and you could see the mixtures of dull blues and oranges mix in the river as you stood at the edge of the platform.

I'll let him sleep a bit more.

It's so peaceful right now. Maybe we can stay for a while and take another rest day or at least half of one. I can teach him how to fish, and maybe he can show me how to get stronger.

'A deal is a deal, so stop crying.'

His written words stung through your head and chest again.

No. I need to get him home as soon as possible. He misses his friends and the safety of the campus, I'm sure. I'm surprised he would even come back to me after all the screaming and danger I put him in yesterday. Whatever his reason was, there's no point for him teaching me how to be stronger if I'm going to end things after separating.

A cool gust of wind brushed your exposed skin as you soundlessly stood at the very edge, mimicking what you usually do to the buildings you'd climb. The river stretched into the distance, running wildly away and clashing into stones. All the sounds, colors, and smells were mesmerizing and you felt it pulling you in. Letting the river wash you away, seemed like it would be a peaceful way of going and ending all your internal pain. Stretching your arms out wide, you hoped the wind would blow you into the river, but you were abruptly brought back to reality with the sound of tapping.

Katsuki sat up, using his pen to get your attention.

"Morning, Katsuki." You cheerfully said as you left the edge of the platform to meet him.

Not yet. I can wait until I finish our deal. He's my friend, and I can't let him do this alone.

"What are you doing?" He wrote with curiosity in his expression.

"Just stretching... I wanted you to rest a bit more before we continued walking. Which one do you want?" You answered as you went to grab a can of veggies and seaweed.

"Split both." He suggested, and you agreed to his request.

After you finished eating, you rolled up both sleeping bags as he tended to his leg and stretched.

"Did you sleep?" He signed when you glanced over at him.

"Not much. I was too restless." You answered before looking away to avoid any more questions.

He wasn't done, though, so he grabbed his notebook and walked over to you.

"You should sleep. We can walk when you're better rested." He wrote.

Does he really care? No... this is a deal.

"I'm good to go, Katsuki." You smiled at him.

"Liar." He signed.

"Stop being dumb and get some sleep." He wrote for you.

"I'm fine, Blondie. If I'm lying, you can expect me to find you some stale popcorn." You joked, hoping it would convince him.

He clicked his tongue with frustration.

"You have bags and shadows under your eyes. You need sleep." He wrote.

"Way to point out a woman's flaws. What happened to being a gentleman?" You sarcastically asked as you bent to pick up your backpack.

However, you were stopped and pushed into the wall, where he pinned and glared at you angrily.