t h i r t y - t h r e e

Começar do início

"You have a lovely room," and Sofia only makes a face, before thanking her.

"And to answer you yeah, it's them lot. They came out of the blue, with no forehand warning, so that's why everything is a little messy right now-," it's a dry chuckle that follows from her. Nova nods, the chaos ensued downstairs now making more sense.

Considering they must be quite important, it must have been a pain to not be warned of their arrival, and the fact that they would be staying for a while – as insinuated by their luggage. It doesn't sit right with her, but she reminds herself.

He had a choice too.

But they had talked about this. He already decided.

But it was okay if his choice changes. That can happen too. He's not obliged to anything. He isn't obliged to her.

Her thoughts ping back and forth in her mind before she eventually just sighs in mental frustration. Why was she getting so wrapped up about this? It genuinely did not even concern her.

The dark-haired female takes some time to herself as Sofia lurks on her phone momentarily, fingers tapping furiously. She does what the blonde said to do when she was overthinking; her eyes closed, completely cutting her mind off as she inhales and exhales five times, grounding herself to the present.

She was here. In Sofia's room. Helping Sofia to get ready for a date. That's all she had to deal with. Nothing else. The fact is established, the worry not hanging over her like a cloud about to rain, though the knot still remains.

She'll just have to make do, watching Sofia quietly. The freckled female puts her phone away, a hand raking through her dark waves. Their eyes clash, Nova growing a little nervous. She hadn't spoken to Sofia much, and didn't want to leave a bad impression.

The female gives her a smile, tucking her fringe away.

"Sorry, I was just letting Opal and Aria know we're here so they can tag along," Nova's head tilts in questioning at the new names. Her social anxiety begins to swell with the thought of being around two completely new people.

"Opal is Mara's mate. Aria is Matteo's mate. You didn't meet them last night, because Rome didn't want to terrify you completely," and Nova nods, hands clutching each other with nervousness.

Nova didn't know how she'd get on with them. A lot of girls didn't like her; she remembers well during her high school years. She didn't know how this would fare, or how easy she'd fit into this girl group.

"Aria is only a few years older than me, so I would say we're quite close. Opal is a little older, I think just a year younger than you," she adds, and Nova nods, assuming that Matteo, Mara and Romaues were all closer in age, with Rocco most likely only a year so older than her.

It's a pregnant pause for a second.

"Make yourself comfortable," Sofia beckons, leading her sister to the lounge chairs and encouraging her to tuck her legs up.

A spare cotton blanket is brought, Sofia taking the seat next to her – close enough so they touch – spreading the blanket over them. Nova feels touched.

"So...a date?" her head tilts, mocha hues bright and the corner of her lips lifted slightly.

A hue of pink falls over Sofia's freckled face, her features immediately turning to mush at the mere mention of it.

"Yeah. His name is Alek. He's the same age as me, one of Sal's friends," and Nova nods with a warm expression. She didn't know much about dating – it was never her forte.