Blaise is a true Slytherin

Draco Pov

Bianca returned with the Italian tea and everyone settled down. As Bianca magics a chair to sit on she clears her throat. "I know there are two issues here today but I think we'll start with the good news then the shocking news."

"Which is which?" Fred quips.

"The good news is obviously Blaise and Ginevra's engagement," Bianca chuckles. "So to begin, I'd like to point out that I was only informed of their courting this morning by the Daily Prophet."

"Blaise!" She-Weasel exclaims, she turns to her fiancé in shock, he shrugs in return.

"...So I am not sure how my son did his courting, so I hoped that you would shine some light on it."

Mrs Weasley exchanges a glance with her husband, "Well, Blaise approached us in mid-December, telling  us about his passion for our daughter," she begins.

Mr Weasley continues, "He was very delicate, he informed us of his skills, his educated life and financial background, we obviously knew since we've met you, Bianca, before."

Bianca laughs slightly then Mrs Weasley adds "He was very insistent that we didn't pay a dowry if Ginny accepted him, he said he had no need of the money and very romantically put that our Ginny is priceless."

She-Weasel starts blushing madly as her brothers (minus of course Weaselbee and Ministry Weasel who just sat and scowled) began teasing her. Hermione leans forward and whispers "You said the same line to my parents, is Blaise really taking notes from you?"

I shrug slightly as Mrs Weasley scolds her children then turns back to Bianca, putting Teddy on the ground. I notice Potter motioning to Teddy for him to go over to him but I let out a quiet whistle to catch Teddy's attention and also Bill Weasley who turns his head slightly toward me but then just shuffles closer to his wife Fleur.

Teddy excitedly turns to Hermione and me then runs over to us, I don't react because I know he's going to go to Hermione no matter what I say. He grabs Hermione's leg and she absently picks him up and holds her focus on the Weasleys and Bianca. I subtly shape my hand into an 'L' and aim it at Potter, a childish muggle gesture that Hermione taught me to call someone a 'loser'.

"I actually had money saved to pay a dowry for Ginny whenever she chose to get married," Mr Weasley says. "She is our only daughter so we had to be prepared, but Blaise convinced us after an hour of discussions that it was not needed."

Bianca smiles, "Did you threaten him with death if he messes up?"

"Of course," Blaise exclaims. "Mrs Weasley sat there for an hour waving her wand about, it was so nerve-wracking." That startles a laugh out of me causing Teddy to laugh along.

Bianca turns to the Weasley brothers, "Fred and George, you said Blaise approached you first?"

"Yep," they nod in tandem.

"The day Hermione dragged them all to muggle London," Fred begins.

George nods, "He brought doughnuts to the shop and started telling us about Ginny's antics at Hogwarts -he wouldn't stop yapping!- So Fred jokingly said 'If you love her so much why don't you just marry her?!'"

"Fred!" Hermione exclaims.

"Then the blighter gets all serious and says 'that's what I came here to talk to you about,'" Fred finishes.

"Bloody Slytherin," George tuts.

I turn to Blaise giving him an impressed look as he chuckles. Bianca also gives him a satisfied nod then turns to Charlie and Bill, "What about the two of you? How did Blaise approach you?"

Charlie explains that Blaise visited him in Romania and brought up courting She-Weasel straight away. He in turn challenged him, saying that if he could ride one of the dragons that Charlie looked after he's happily let him marry She-Weasel.

"So what did he do?" She-Weasel asks with interest.

"This crazy so and so apparated in and out of the dragon's cages and released them all!" Charlie exclaims. The entire room let out a gasp. "Then he apparated onto each of the dragon's backs mid-flight and sat down for two to three minutes then apparated to the next one, then he finally apparated to the biggest of the bunch and corralled all the dragons back into their cages."

She-Weasel stares at her fiancé in shock, "Are you crazy? You could have died!"

"I'm a Slytherin," he shrugs. "I like to go all out."
"You clearly put on quite the show," Bill says. "When Blaise approached me, he mainly just asked a lot of questions, he asked Fleur what it was like being married into the Weasley family and stuff."

"Don't leave out that you interrogated me!" Blaise chirps.

"He does quite well under pressure," Fleur nods approvingly. 

Bianca turns to Ron and Percy, "What about you two?"

Ministry Weasel growls "We were never approached, Mr Zabini saw fit that our opinions don't matter."

Blaise coughs "It's more the two of you look very prejudiced to me so asking your opinion didn't seem like a good idea."

"That's rich coming from a Slytherin," Weaselbee snarls.

"Well done Blaise, you've gone and triggered him," Hermione sighs. "I think we've concluded that Blaise did a fantastic job of courting Ginny, so now Wedding planning needs to start and the 'shocking' news can be discussed."

"Mya!" I exclaim.

"Sorry," she says biting her lip, "It's just very stressful waiting for everyone to start talking about us."

"Sorry Hermione dear," Mrs Weasley says. "Let's move on."