Potentially Poisonous Panless Pancakes

Draco Pov

We see Potter and Weasley heading back to Hogwarts so we put a cloaking charm on ourselves so they don't spot us flying over their heads.

I drop Hermione off at the window closest to our dorms then fly to the Hospital wing. When I arrive Madam Pomfrey gasps in shock, "Mr Malfoy what on Earth are you doing here?"

"My..." I look around the ward and see other students sleeping in the hospital beds. "Miss Granger and I got into a bit of a row in Hogsmeade, she slapped my cheek and I know from experience when Granger hits someone, healing spells are necessary."

Pomfrey chuckles, "Come down then." I nod and climb through the window allowing the rug to fly away and let the witch examine me. "You don't look too bad."

"Mya healed me on the way here, I just need an alibi if Potter comes sniffing," I whisper.

She lets out an amused sigh, then loudly says a healing spell but doesn't cast it, "Alright, you should be good to go."

"Thanks, Madam Pomfrey," I say.

I leave the ward and I head back to the dorm. When I arrive I warn Grandfather that Potter and Weasley may arrive soon. Then I answer his question and enter to my surprise I smell the smell of someone baking. "Mya?" I call out. "Where are you?"

"Kitchen!" she calls back.

I go into the small kitchen to see Hermione levitating what looks like pancake batter over the open flame. "I think they gave us this oven to make the kitchen look pretty," she sighs. "I can't find a single pan or cake tray anywhere."

"That's what the kitchens downstairs are for," I say. "Now what are you doing in my kitchen?"

"Making panless pancakes," she laughs at the absurdity.

I go over to her and wrap my arms around her waist, "And what possessed you to do that? I thought we agreed after those cupcakes in fifth year that you don't belong in the kitchen."

She relaxes into my hold then turns her wand around to flip over the pancake. "I took baking lessons with Andromeda and your mum over the holidays," she tells me. "I've gotten better. I wanted to surprise you."

"But what if I only ever want to cook for you, not the other way around?"

"Then we alternate," she shrugs. She puts the now cooked through pancake on a plate. "There's maple syrup in that top cupboard, Dray."

"Are you only making one?"

"Well I'm testing it out on you first making sure it's not poisonous," she says as I get the maple syrup down and spread it over it over the pancake. "Now go sit down and eat this pancake."

"Okay," I say. I go and sit down in the common room with the plate and am about to eat when Grandfather appears in the empty painting.
"Potter and Weasley are at the entrance," he announces.
"Mya!"
"I'll get it," she sighs. "Are you poisoned yet?"

"If this is an attempt to steal the Malfoy fortune, you need to be more subtle," I laugh.

Hermione laughs in agreement and then goes to the entrance. "Hey Harry, hey Ron."

"What happened back there?!" Potter exclaims. "You slapped Malfoy so hard he bled!"
"I wasn't in a good mood," she says. "Overworked by a pompous blonde bloke being on top of my list of problems."

"I'm right here you know?" I call to them. "I'm still not convinced this goodwill pancake isn't hexed."

"Pancake?" Potter and Weasley exclaim.