Chapter VI

So Carter has a Reaper inside him. Maybe he'll meet another fellow Reaper in his school, maybe not. Find out soon in Chapter VI.

I was walking around, it was weird, I didn't remember how I got here. It was the woods, I knew it was deep into the woods. Snap. I heard the twig break as I stepped.

I heard footsteps rush around the bushes. "Who's there?" I said looking around. I heard it again as I stood still slightly scared. I whipped my head around and saw a hooded figure.

I couldn't see under the hood but I knew it was looking back at me. It moved slowly reaching behind its back. I felt myself doing the same reaching for my scythe. Shit. It wasn't there and the figure unsheathed a sword, around the figure's size and held it with ease.

It held the sword with both hand then got into an offensive fighting stance. Oh crap, Reaper, this would be a good time to help. The Reaper didn't respond. I sighed as the figure dashed forward and I held my arms up.

I woke up panting lightly and I sighed. It was just a dream, thank goodness. I looked at the clock. It was only around six 'o' clock. I got up as Jake was still sleeping and grabbed some clothes from my suitcase. I then tiptoed quietly to the shower and entered.

I set my clothes down and grabbed a towel from the rack. I set it down with my clothes and started the shower up, warming it up before I stepped in. I wonder what the dream was about. I sighed and got in the shower. I felt the warm water over my body as I relaxed.

I then heard the reaper as I washed my body. So you saw one. Saw what? I asked in confusion. Well a vision, sorta. A vision, so I saw into the future. As I said, sorta, it means that it's a possibility that it could happen, but I'm not sure. I listened as I let the water rinse off the foamy soap on my body.

I started washing my hair. So I'm psychic almost? If you want to believe that, then go ahead. The Reaper laughed softly as I rolled my eyes and scrubbed my hair.

I then rinse my hair off and get out of the shower and grabbed the towel. I started to dry myself. So only Andrew knows that I'm part Reaper. Yes and it's going to stay that way, I don't even like the fact that he knows. I sighed thinking still as I finished drying up and put my clothes on.

I then walked out of the shower taking a look at myself in the mirror. Not bad. I straightened my tie. Yeah not bad Carter.You've got some style. I looked and smirked a bit and walked out of the shower.

I stretched a bit and got my stuff together before Jake woke up. Can I tell Jake? No, at least not yet, not until I get a feel for how trustworthy he is. I nodded as I picked my scythe up off the floor and twirled it.

That's a very nice piece of weaponry you've got there Carter, you should thank your father. Huh maybe you're right, but he's in the middle of nowhere. There's something called snail mail, it's where you write a letter and send it. I sighed and ripped a sheet of notebook paper out and brought it to the desk and pulled a pencil out.

I started to write to him. Go ahead and tell him about me, I trust him. I nodded and kept writing as I kept talking to the Reaper in my head. I finally finished up with a thanks for the scythe and signed my signature with  a CT.

I folded it up and scavenged for an envelope. "Finally" I mumbled finding an envelope in the clutter of paper and clothes. I put the folded up paper in the envelope sealed it, wrote the address and sighed. "I need a stamp now."

I can help, just say the words after me. No I can find one. I keep looking through the clutter again and find a stamp. Man Jake you need to clean this up. Just sa- I cut him off. I don't need your power, and if I do I won't. I licked the stamp, put it on, sealed the envelope and put it in my bag.

I put the bag on my back and poked Jake. "Wake up Jake" I say poking him. He slowly started to wake up yawning. "Gimme the fish." He mumbled slowly getting up and then laying back down.

"Jake get up!" I said as he shot up, eyes wide open. "Siryessir" he said quickly saluting me and I laughed a bit. "Come on we got class soon." I smirk as he looked at the time squinting and grabbed clothes quickly and got in the shower.

I waited tapping my foot on the floor. Around two minutes later he came out, wet hair clothes slightly damp. "Alright let's go." He said grabbing his bag. I nodded.

__________________________________________

We started down the halls talking. "So Jake, what's your weapon?" I asked him. "Why do you wanna know?" He replied. I shrugged. "Well I dunno, I never seen you fight or use your weapon." He laughed a bit. "Oh you'll see soon enough." He smirked. "Just not now."

I thought. Hmm interesting. I can't wait to see him get his ass kicked or kick ass. I rolled my eyes as we saw a girl up against the lockers being pinned by a tall, dark haired guy. "Come on babe just one time." The boy said. Jake clenched his fist. "No and I'm not your babe." She said pushing him off and he pinned her against the lockers again.

I blinked and opened up my eyes. Jake was holding up a small dagger and glaring at the guy looking up at him grinning wickedly. "She said no, now back the hell off." Holy shit. Me and the Reaper watched keeping my eyes open. That's unbelievably fast, what the hell?

The guy then slowly stepped away and started walking away. Jake put down the dagger and turned around to the girl. "Heh what a jackass right?" The girl hugged him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you"  she said, she had a slight French accent, he was surprised and wrapped his arm around her.

Whoa, fast in fighting, and romance. Damn that sure is impressive. The girl then kissed both of his cheeks. The girl then waved going to her class.

Jake walked back to me smirking. "Well you've seen my weapon." Jake held his dagger out. "And this is my weapon, there is no other weapon like it, and I don't remember the rest." We both laughed and he put his dagger away.

"Very impressive Jake." I said still thinking of how he moved so fast. "Well it just takes skills." He said smugly smirking. I rolled my eyes and started to walk to class. I've never seen a neko move so fast, were they always like that? I don't know, I thought you'd know or something.

Jake and then I entered class and sat down. We looked up. Andrew was talking to Jane and Ms. Crawler, the creatures teacher. They were talking in a hush tone.

Jane looked at me along with Jake and smirked slightly. I looked at Jake and shrugged. Andrew then motioned for me and Jake to come over. We both got up and walked over to them and gulp a bit.

"Hello there Reaper." Jane greeted me. "And hello swift assassin." She looked over at Jake and our eyes widen. Andrew must've told her. But he was just guessing. And it was a good goddamned guess!

And that concludes chapter VI. What shall happen next? What shall they do with Jake and Carter? And Jake, a swift assassin? Tune in next chapter.