A Broken Heart

"Y/n have you seen mom? We still need to do cake." Toshi walks up from behind me and Bakugo outiside in the garden.

I turn around just as clueless, "Nope, usually she's pretty on top of this stuff. I'm sure she'll show up soon."

"Yeah but it's already 9:06 she does cake at 9 every single time. She's never late, that's why I'm worried." Toshi tells me showing his phone which shows the time saying 9:06.

Although I never payed much attention to my mothers crazy party fanatics I knew my brother did, so he's probably worried for a pretty damn good reason, "Ok well do you want us to just wait or should we go find her?"

Toshi looks around for her one more time before responding, "Let's go find her."

Agreeing with him I let go of Bakugos hand turning back to him, "I'll be right back."

Bakugo nods understanding, "Just don't do anything stupid."

I laugh following Toshi into the house, "Me? Never."

"Last I saw she was talking to Uncle Shouta but I haven't seen them in like 5 minutes." Toshi explains walking into the loud living room full of adults and the students that make up 1-A and 1-B.

"Hopefully they're just talking and Mom lost track of time." I saw doubtful my mother would actually let conversation get in the way of her plans.

"Yeah....maybe." Toshi mutters knowing somethings definitely off.

We walk down the hallway leading towards a storage closet and empty room which my mom used to fill with decorations. Upon reaching the doorway me and Toshi hear something strange coming from a familiar voice.

"No that's impossible. That would mean me and you would have had to of......ohhhhh." The sound of our uncles voice lingers in the hallway from the room filled with decorations.

Me and my brother both assume that where he is our mother is close and so we walk closer and sure enough there stands our mother and uncle. However before they notice us my uncle says something that would forever change me, "I'm y/n and Hitoshis father." What?

"You're out what?" Is the first thing to leave my mouth, convincing myself I've misheard him.

"Y/n? Toshi? Why are you two way out here?" My mother asks an obvious sense of panic in her voice.

"Mom. Is uncle shouta really our father?" I ask again watching panic set in both their eyes. The moment I saw the panic set in gave me my answer. To my side Toshi had his head down but he didn't seem that shocked necessarily. Myself on the other hand felt like my world had been crumbling right before my eyes. The only thing I kept thinking was of all the times I begged and begged my mother for a dad. I'd cry at night because I felt so out of place not having or even knowing my father.  But he was right there, in front of me this whole time.

"Darlings, I-" My mother starts.

"Fuck you." I cut her off running away from the door, sour tears burning my eyes.

"Y/n! Darling come back!" She yells from that old empty room, but I couldn't bring myself to even look back. She was a liar. She knew exactly how I felt about wanting a father and instead let my actual father be right there all along. But I never once got the satisfaction to call someone dad. And now how was I supposed to even look at him the same way. He wasn't an uncle but was he really my dad. I couldn't call him a fathe me could I? That was for Eri. Eri.....

That's where my mind led me next. That little girl Eri was actually a lot like me. She had strives for a full and normal family. No she had someone to call dad who wasn't afraid of her. So how could I ruin that by her by stealing her dad. Still though I was conflicted. To me he could never be my uncle again, but I couldn't look at him like my dad. So really, he was just......gone.