Chapter 6 : It's The Middle Of The Night

Start from the beginning

I scoured the bushes for a good five minutes before finding the remainder of my metallic bracelet. I sighed and tried to piece it together, to see if it still worked, but to no avail.

I know right, why would a murdering bitch want to stay in contact with the Ark? I wasn't doing it for me, or at least not mostly.

I knew how much it meant to a certain few people in camp, like Clarke. And I did have friends on the Ark, it would kill them if they thought I was dead.

I cursed Bellamy's name and threw my bracelet back into the bushes. So much for staying alive.

~

I awoke early the next morning- well... That was a lie. I awoke late the next morning. Or afternoon. You know, whatever you wanna call it.

I could hear commotion outside my tent and I groaned, "holy shit you guys, shut up! It's like the middle of the night!"

Within seconds my tent flap was pushed open and Carter's head poked through. She babbled something furiously in Swedish, or as I like to call it, tree language.

"Um, I speak English." I told her, yawning slightly.

"Murphy, Wells, fight!" She managed to get out, before disappearing again.

I sighed, how was this my problem? It took me a split second before I realised that I was probably the only one stupid enough to try and kick Murphy's ass, so I got up and pushed my way out into the sunlight.

     It was so nice, warm on my skin. If only I had time to enjoy it, but no, instead I had to push my way through a bunch sweaty teenagers to break up a fight between the kid who I kissed then got my bracelet ripped off me by, and the guy whose father locked me up.

My life is a winding path of what the fuck.

I broke through the crowd to witness Wells on top of Murphy. They could have been such a perfect gay couple were it not for the strangling going on.

I marched forward, determined to sort shit out before Wells was murdered, or Murphy (although I wasn't holding out much hope for Wells winning, even if he did have the upper hand now). Before I could drag Wells off Murphy, I was grabbed and pulled back against someone's chest.

"Don't."

Freaking Bellamy Blake. Always shows up at the most annoying times.

Wells hauled himself off Murphy to look at Bellamy, "don't you see, you could stop this!"

A glint caught my eye and I refocused on Murphy who was now standing, and holding a knife.

"Yo Wells." I said, grabbing his attention, "I'd focus more on the maniac behind you then on Abs Of Steel over here."

Wells turned back around, facing Murphy.

"You're dead." He spat.

"Let the fight begin!" I said sarcastically, in my best commentator voice. If I couldn't stop the fight, why shouldn't I do the voice over?
Oh yeah. Murphy had a knife.

"Bell." I said, tilting back my head to look at him pleadingly, "at least make it a fair fight."

He stared at me for a few seconds, then released me and stepped forward. "Wait." He pulled out his own knife and dropped it at Wells feet. "Fair fight."

"My line." I mumbled as Bellamy moved back to my side.

He gave me a sideways glance filled with humour, then returned his gaze back to the fight.

"Bellamy?" I asked, lowering my voice as Wells and Murphy started to circle each other.

Bellamy looked back down at me, tilting his head slightly to the left as his eyes told me to ask what I needed.

"You aren't going to let them kill each other, are you?"

Bellamy didn't answer and I sucked in my breath, "I might have killed people but I'm not sure if I'm cool with seeing it happen in front of me." I admitted, tensing slightly as I felt Bellamy put a hand on my shoulder. That was the only answer I needed to make me relax, I knew he wouldn't let it get that far. I just knew.

Murphy feigned a stab at Wells and laughed when he flinched. Wells regained his composure and tried to slice any part of Murphy he could get to, unfortunately this backfired when Murphy twisted and sliced Wells arm.

"This is for my father." He stated monotonously.

He charged at Wells who dodged at managed to flick the point of his knife up against Murphy's neck.

"Wells get off of him!" The familiar voice of Clarke rang through the clearing and I spun to see her and Finn jogging forwards. I didn't however see food.

That made me sad.

Wells pushed Murphy away, but he didn't take the goddamn hint, and went for him again, only to be stopped by Bellamy.

I looked past Clarke and Finn and saw Monty helping a limping Octavia into the camp. It seems I wasn't the only one who spotted her because a split second later, Bellamy was racing over to her.

"We didn't make it to Mt.Weather." Finn said.

"What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy asked, briefly looking up from his sister.

"We were attacked." Clarke said solemnly.

"By what?" Wells asked, his eyes wide.

"Not by what, who." Finn corrected him. "Turns out, when the last man from the Earth died on the Ark, he wasn't the last grounder."

"It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the Earth was wrong, there are people here. Survivors." Clarke said, "the good news is the radiation won't kill us is."

"The bad news is, the grounders will." Finn added.

"Well holy shit." I commented, suddenly feeling a bit light headed.

"Wait, where's the kid with the goggles?" Wells asked.

My head shot up, Wells was right, Jasper wasn't there.

Jasper. The first guy to acknowledge my presence in a year and a half. The little sweetie with the goggles.

I looked over a Monty and saw the expression on his face.

Just what the hell had we gotten ourselves into here?

------------------------------

I wrote it all, and half my freaking chapter was deleted so I had to rewrite, so yeah, it's been a while!
But here we go, enjoyyyy :D
Thanks to This_CraZy_World for correcting my typos, you're da' best.

-Lis x