Day Off

I tell you what the sun is shining but my hay fever is going crazy and I'm not happy about it at all 😂

Can you believe it? An update? Im so sorry it took This long but I always say better a late update than no update ❤️😁

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH! 🏳️‍🌈

How is everyone doing?

Make sure you have my book of smut in your libraries ready for the small smut section I've put there 😍 obviously only read the smut if you like x-rated stuff. It's pretty mild tho don't worry

I didn't want to make it sound like Princely duties were a part time thing, they weren't by any stretch of the imagination. Being a Prince was a 24/7 job, I could understand why Ant got so grumpy about it; being in charge all the time was exhausting.

Which is why I'd run away for the day, I was taking a day off. I wasn't sure how princes applied for days off and I was too scared to ask my Mam so I decided I'd just hide out in the stables until someone dragged me back.

I'd given our stable boy a day off too, so for a day I could go back to my old job. I started nice and early in the morning like I used to, I washed and fed each horse before leading them out to wonder around the fields while I mucked out the stables.

When I came back from the battle, I received the blessing of all the supportive lords from across what will one day be my kingdom. They decorated my success and Mam told me that it would only take Dermot's return to have proven myself as the true heir. It was at that moment she'd notice the small horse I had been riding. Bambi was a big animal of course, but he wasn't a war horse by any stretch of the imagination. The lands regent whom I'd only met once before had snickered under his breath, it was then Anne offered to get me the best war horse money could buy. But I'd declined. Bambi may have been small but he was also fast. Not quite Artus fast but still fast.

Bambi didn't seem to want to go outside with the rest of the horses, despite Chips wanting to play with him. Everytime I took the stubborn horse out he'd wonder back in to annoy me while I tried to clean. He was probably looking for treats and I was too nice to deny him them.

I grinned to myself as Bambi tried to stretched his neck over the stall I was sweeping in to pinch an apple from the pile waiting there.

When he discovered he couldn't reach he moved over to huff against my cheek, I giggled and batted away his brown furry head. Stepping back so I could sweep up the last of the hay.

Bambi let out a nicker and stomped his feet, going back to try for the apples. When I'd finally finished all my chores in that stall, I placed my broom against the side, turning with my hands on my hips to give the giant animal a disapproving look. He was leaning so heavily against the wooden door it looked like he'd break the steel latch.

"Back up Bambi ya big baby, I need to get out sometime like."

A cheeky glint lit in the horses big brown eyes, he didn't move, just leaned into me to taste my cheek and i pouted, "You can't keep us hostage like this." I scrubbed the saliva from my face. It was a little gross, but didn't phase me. Being a stable boy a little spit was the least of your worries.

Bambi had the actually nerve to snort at me, I gasped in offence and tried the door but he was still leaning towards the apples.

"Urgh Fine you still sausage I'll give you an apple but you've gotta let us out."

I reached for an apple, Bambi stretched over to me and I rolled my eyes, feeding it to him carefully.

When he was finished I frowned, pointing away, "You've Gotta let us out now."