Believes and disbelief

Previously:
I didn't want to reveal my secret yetamd looked anxious everywhere till I saw a very familiar person and I mentally apologized to that person for what I'm about to say. «Fine, I'll tell you. It's......»

Now to be continued

Mona's pov:
I accidentally found an old book about the archouns in the library. I got curious and started reading it, but something was off. It mentioned the 8th Archon, Pax Stellas. According to the book, he was the only Archon who was able to manipulate every element that existed and made new elements, like portals and stuff like that. It kind of reminded me of the traveler.

He can manipulate the elements without using a vision and he knows more about Teyvat then anyone else, but he doesn't fit the description of the Archon. There even was a sketch of that god in the book and I could swear that I have seen those symbols of his clothes somewhere. I decided to borrow the book and went outside to find Venti. I wanted to ask him if he knows something about him, since he knows a lot of old, yet true stories.

I found him with Diluc and Albado and if you take a closer look, you can see a hickey on the bards neck. Of course I knew that it was Aether, since I caught them being lovey dovey a few times and they had to tell me the truth. The bard ran out of Mondstadt, definitely a singn that he's being uncomfortable, and the two being idiots followed him. I followed them, because I really needed to talk to the black-blue haired boy.

They finally stopped and the bard looked anxious everywhere. I'm guessing they're trying to find out about who gave him that hickey. I noticed that Venti looked apologetic at me. At first I was confused, but it didn't take long to find out why he was looking at me like that. «Fine, I'll tell you. It's Mona», he said and the idiots turned around amd looked at me with a literally lenny face. It probably took ages for them to finally leave us alone.

V:«Thank you Mona, I'll make it up to you! I swear!»
M:«No worries. I wanted to ask you some questions anyway»
V:«Oh? Sure, I don't mind»
M:«Do you know anything about Pax Stellas, the Star Archon?»
I asked and showed him the book. His eyes widened, asking me if I believe in that god.

Venti's pov:
Does she believe in him? That would be great news! She explained to me that she found that book on accident, but got curious, which is understandable. The people lived without him for more than hundreds of years. But according to my vision, the gnosis was taken forcefully from a non-vision user. He got probably thrown into a sea in Dragonspine where he survived that long with the injuries (If you don't understand, he was frozen into an ice block like that hunter and the boar)

I started to tell her everything I knew and what happened to the part of the Nation he "ruled" with Barbatos. She seemed to understand something that nobody in Mondstadt now understands.
M:«So that explains a lot! There are a lot of stories, but they never felt complied because the 8th Archon was never mentioned»
V:«That's right, the Statues of the Seven's real name is the Statues of the Eight. There exists one statue of Pax Stellas, but it was never found»
M:«Lets find it together then, before Aether returns»

I agreed with her and we both started to look through the book. Hours past and we finally got a hint. There were weird symbols on random pages in the book and they turned out to be coordinates of an extinct village. Well, we thought it was until we arrived there. In the middle of the village was the  Statue of the Eight of Pax Stellas. It's actually not damaged at all and looks like it recently got cleaned.

The survivors of this village were around the statue, praying for their god's blessing. Mona started pulling  on my sleeve, pointing at a direction where a very familiar high pitched voice is to be heard. We hid behind a corner,  listening to two people's conversation.
?1:«Are you sure that those idiots will actually kill him for hood this time?! You failed to wipe him out last time!»
?2:«Yea yea, they're trained by the princess herself anyway»

'Princess? ' I thought and peeked over the corner and was left with shock. I grabbed Mona's hand and ran out of the village. She looked at me with disbelief and had the look of feeling betrayed. I assume she saw the same thing as me. Paimon and a tall, muscular man with lots of scars which I recognize from my nightmare.

Author's note: If you're one of the people who are uncomfortable of mentions of blood and violence and obviously skipped the nightmare part, i'll explain it to you in a harmless and short way. Back then Pax Stellas (also known as Aether) got forcefully his gnosis taken away by a man who was back then a mass murderer. That nightmare actually took place 200 years ago in this AU. How is he still alive you ask? Well, as we know from the original story (or at least how I understood it), the gnosis makes someone immortal and an Archon. Combining this piece of information into my AU, the man used it to stay alive. Of course since this is an AU, he didn't gain the Archon powers, since it got taken away in a forceful and bloody way. I hope it clears out a few things.

I apologize for not updating in a while. I hope you enjoyed this part and I also hope you're okay with it that I chose Mona. Have a great day/night
~Dreamy🍃✨