Letters

Dearest Adaira,

It's been a long time since I got down the ship, but I still kept having seasickness. It is now that I finally found out that this is land-sickness (if such a thing exists). On the other hand, your brother, and Utairah Jafri fi al Qurram Qumrah III, the heir to the realm of Bakavāsa still exchange strange looks, as if they know something that I don't.

And you know what? This miser block of stone owns a gold mine, a bloody gold mine!! And now, he doesn't want to share it with the sheriff, of course, he didn't even share it with his own wife... that bloody son of a bachelor!! Back to the point, the sheriff is being a
headache... and all that shit!! Blah blah blah blah...

Yesterday, I played poker. Here, it's very different from what we played three weeks ago. But, I still won three hundred twenty-five dollars and seventy-six cents.

Your brother was very proud of me!!

Now, tell me how your rendezvous with Captain going on? You should not wait long to tell your feelings, I bet that the captain is after you.
Let me give you some advice:

Runaway with him, and travel all the way up the big North road to Scotland, did you know, that in the little village right on the border called Gretna Green, you can get married no matter where you're from, or how old you are, and your parents or guardians can't do
anything about it!!

Or, you can always plan a wedding! Lady Samantha will be happy, plus, it will take several days for your brother to come back and save you from his enemy, so you can marry happily!

Say hello to Lady Samantha for me

Yours sincerely,
the Most Obedient Wife
Mrs. Lillian Ambrose

I couldn't help but grin.

She is so stupid! By her letter itself, I got to know what her 'land sickness' really is.

She should not keep reading adventure novels... sometimes, reading romantic novels can also help.

Wow! She has given me plans too!!

But it's too late for that now...

I looked for a pen and paper, so that I could write, and started.

Dear, 'Most Obedient Wife' Lillian,

By your letter, it seems like your honeymoon is going well... and as planned (by my brother). I hope my brother is not giving you a tough time by feeding you only bread and bacon.

Congratulations on winning the money. I hope you will be able to get some percentage from that, because I am sure my brother has taken all of it.

And as for my rendezvous, they have stopped now. And may remain that way forever.

Let me tell you in detail...

I explained today's happenings... from

the horse riding, to the horse race, then the proposal, and also the farewell.

When I was going to write about Dalgliesh something clicked inside me.

It told me that I shouldn't. This is my war, Others can't be there for me all the time. I have to be self-dependent. I am a strong girl.

Not a child to run to my brother for help.

But, I do want a solution for it.

I wrote further

...it's too late to execute your idea now. As Dalgl-, fathe-,

I want to ask you something:

What would you have done if your aunt would have fixed your wedding with someone else?

I will be waiting for your reply.

Do tell my brother, that I don't miss him.

Your little sweetheart,
Lady Adaira

I put it in an envelope, and called for Rose, the maid. "Post this letter as soon as possible, and don't let anyone see this."

"As you wish My Lady", she gave me a quick curtsy and left.

I went to my king-sized bed, and lied down, closing my eyes.

It was evening, must be 5 or 6. I didn't want to overthink, but I couldn't stop myself from doing so...

All possibilities ran through my mind... the ones I don't want to suffer from. I will die before
marrying that flapdoodle!!

A knock diverged me from my thoughts. I looked at the already open door and saw Mother standing there.

Rolling my eyes, I laid back, ignoring her presence.

"Adaira.... dearie... I want to talk-" she started.

"About what?", I asked, anger controlling me once again.

"Oh obviously dear, Lady Samantha has to decorate the whole mansion. Oh let me remake
my brother's mansion, clearly, she wants to go shopping because it's her daughter's wedding with a man who ruined everything
years ago... The man because of whom Rick is away from us. The man due to whom Rick is no
longer sweet and caring, but has become a block of stone....and she didn't even try to stop it...", I was shouting the last few lines.

Why am I shouting?? It's not even my mother's fault. But, at least she could have taken my side...

"Ad-Adaira, I know....he is be-behind all this...", she stuttered. "But your father want-"

"Father father father!!!", I turned towards her.

"What type of father is he? What type of a person is he? How can he do that? He knows what Dalgliesh has done... and- I don't want to talk. You can leave."

"I know, I know my child," she said.

"but, try to understand... It will take some time for me to change his mind... at least till then? After that, everything will happen according to your wish...", she said with fake hope.

"As if he cares about my approval!" I snorted back.

"Still, he is your father... he has the right." She tried showing anger but failed to do so. "Tomorrow,you will be present for breakfast. We all will be there... no buts."

"Huff....", I said, controlling my emotions. "Anyways, Lilly said hello to you."

"Oh..you got her letter??"Her eyes almost popped out in shock. "Today? Did you reply?"

"Obviously!! I just send Rose to post it"

"Did you tell her about Dalgliesh, your father would be-".

"I didn't, and I regret that." I turned back. "I just want to... do something... destroy the whole
room...break everything...kill Dalgliesh-"

"Tomorrow, you should be at breakfast, well dressed." She said sharply.

She stormed out of the room. I know she didn't do that because of anger... She did it because she didn't want me to see her tears.

I laid back and started thinking of how to stab a person, without letting anyone else find out...

____________________________________

How was the chapter?

Do vote, and comment on it...
And suggestions are always welcome...

I tried showing Lilly's real character in the letter. What do you think? Was it accurate?