I looked into his honey brown orbs for reassurance and comfort. "Hey, Pete?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think it's possible that we could bring him back?" I suggested.

"Y/n, he chose this, and as much as it hurts to lose Mr. Stark, I think he wanted to finally rest." He answered.

"But what if he did it because he had to? Not because he wanted to."

"That's the hero gig." He quoted him.

"Ugh, I hate how you're right about this. You're usually never right when you're with me." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well you're not in your right mind right now. You're stressed, sad, and you need time to come to terms with his passing." He said while brushing a strand of my hair away from my face.

"Yeah, I have. It's just really hard, for the past week and a half it's been nightmares non-stop and the memories. It just feels...Empty and cold." I confided.

"Hey...Hey, I'm here to make every step of the way easier for you okay? We're going through this together." He held my face in between his hands.

I reached my hand for his. "Pete, thank you. I just—I don't know how I could've gotten through any of this without you. Even before The Vulture, I've always needed you, even when I was just Y/n L/n asking for missing assignments or working on projects." I tearily whispered.

His lips gently leaned into mine, a kiss for reassurance and comfort.

His kiss felt like nothing of pity or sorrow, just comfort, loyalty, and dare I say love.

We hadn't exactly said the "L" Word to each other yet. We were taking things slow and I don't think I'd have the strength to say it, at least not yet.

This entire moment felt extremely threadbare, as if it had been ripped out from pages of a cheesy teenage romance novel.

We broke the kiss. "Just go back to sleep, okay? I'm right here, N/n. Right beside you." He reassured, as he covered the both of us with the sheets from the chilly forest weather.

I tried to sleep peacefully as I was engulfed in Peter's warm embrace.

-
𓄇time skip𓄇

I groggily left my bed, I somehow still struggled to sleep; waking up every now and then.

The space next to me was empty and I could smell pancakes being cooked up outside in the kitchen. Must be Peter.

I decided to examine my room with detail because I hadn't really looked into anything.

I opened the drawers from my bedside table and I found a small cube. Ought to be the hologram projector from Dad's funeral tape.

I decided to press on it and watch it once more.

"Hey sweetie,

I was wondering when you'd find this...This video is just for you."

You're shitting me...