decathlon

☄︎𝐘/𝐍

EEH! EEH! EEH!

I should really change the sound of that stupid alarm. It was morning now and Spider-Man still didn't show.

"We're sorry but the number you're trying to call is unavailable at the moment." Goddamnit!

"Y/n, wake up! 20 minutes 'till the assembly." Liz knocked.

"Alright coming!"

C'mon Spidey; as much of an asshole you are, I need you right now. Please don't let me down.

I anxiously prepared for the competition and got ready for the day grabbing my yellow blazer.

90 minutes of easy boring questions that a honey badger could answer.

"Ms. L/n, In which constellation can the Horsehead Nebula be found?"

"Orion." I answered.

"Correct."

After some more questions, we were faced with a sudden death; a tie between both contestants.

Earnestly, by this point I wasn't even paying attention to the competition anymore.

I just needed to know that Spider-Man wasn't captured by some nefarious secret society and was being interrogated; he might be a superhero, but he's no Black Widow.

"Ms. Jones?" The Judge asked.

"Zero." MJ answered non-chalantly.

Cheers and celebratory hugs were followed by the simple answer.

"Great job, MJ!" I congratulated. She carried this whole competition.

Mr. Harrington decided to take us to the Washington Monument as a reward for our hard work today.

"You coming, MJ?" I asked.

"Nah, you go up. I refuse to appreciate something built by slaves." She replied.

I shrugged and continued my path to the entrance.

Once we went through the security checkpoints, we began our ascension to the top of the Monument.

It started to feel extremely hot and steamy in the elevator shaft.

I saw a purple-glowing orb shine through Ned's backpack.

I know I said I'd lay low, but that orb is literally glowing. How can you entrust a programmer with alien tech, Parker?

I pulled Ned closer.

"Listen to me, that glowing orb in your backpack isn't exactly keeping you safe, you look suspicious as hell. Hide it better." I whispered.

"How the hell do you know about the thing?" He asked, bewildered.

"I know a lot of things, and frankly this one's quite obvious. So hide it better before anyone sees." I whispered through gritted teeth.