when you go away, i still see you

Start from the beginning

I smiled and teared up at the gesture, Dad was so full of hope that he thought I would magically turn up at some point.

I could see myself running around the room, or Dad coming inside to check up on me. It was almost like I could still see him even if he wasn't there

I would've if I could. I would've stayed all those five years.

"Nice room." Peter complimented.

"Hey." I greeted, non-chalantly.

"Thanks, uh, I wish I could stay in it though. Maybe we could for the weekend?" I suggested.

"Oh, you're not gonna' live here?"

"No, Pepper said it would be best to live in the compound, besides she said I had some stuff I had to deal with that was important. But, for now I think this is just for vacations and stuff." I explained.

"Well, I'm gonna' try and make this the most tolerable weekend of your life."

"I'd love to see you try, but that's impossible."

"No, it's not and you know it."

"God, even when you tease me I can't help but smile, God's sake, it's a funeral!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah, well, Tony wanted you to be happy, he told me himself."

"Oh really?"

"Yup, and you gotta' follow orders, 'cause he's Iron Man." Was.

"Yeah, he was." I sighed.

"See, now, don't dwell on the past. Focus on the future."

"I guess." I shrugged.

-
𓄇time skip𓄇

I walked out to see an old man sitting my the bench in front of the lake.

I knew Cap was going to go back in time to put the stones back, but maybe when he went back in time he finally found his happiness and decided to live it.

I instantly recognized the old man glancing at the lake and I walked towards the bench, sitting beside his quiet presence.

"I guess it's not Cap anymore, huh? Just Uncle Steve?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, how's Aunt Peggy?" I smiled.

"She sends her best, that's if she knew you existed, of course." He joked.

I laughed heartily. "I'm really gonna' miss you Uncle Steve. And I'm gonna' miss you taunting Thor most of all."

"Yeah, but it's only because we were both worthy."

"Worthy of the hammer, or the child's play?" I teased.

"Oh see? I'm gonna' miss that Stark humor." I gave him one last hug "I'm gonna' miss you always striving to clean my language." I smiled.

"Hey, Y/n, ready for those cheeseburgers?" Happy called.

"Yup, let me just get my coat." I replied. "You want a cheeseburger, Uncle Steve?"

"No, I'm good."

"Okay, well it was nice knowing you, old man." I chuckled.

"Nice knowing you too, stubborn Stark."

I couldn't help but feel a little sad over the amount of grief I was facing this week, first it was Dad, then Nat, then Cap.

At least Cap had gotten his happy ending, but what about where Dad and Nat stood? What did they want beyond their fate?

And I'll never know, but that's okay because part of respecting my Dad's wishes was to keep on living. And that's what I'm going to do.

Because it still feels like I see him when he's not there.

-
𝐴/𝑁:
unedited
dont forget to vote!!
thank u for reading <33
i hope u enjoyed
sorry this chapter's a bit short