06

Amari's POV:

Not to long after our soulmates leave, I find myself hanging out in an Italian restaurant that Simon recommended with him, Winston, Elijah, and Greyson. It's pretty small and in a tiny alleyway, and none of us mention that we know this is the same alleyway where our soulmates are probably shopping.

"Ah, there!" Winston whispers, pointing toward the door as we all duck behind our menus.

Lexi, Kayden, Levi, and Tristan all enter the restaurant and sit at a table by the window. They're all holding bags and I'm glad to see they're all relaxed and genuinely enjoying each other's company. I'm particularly happy to see Tristan has relaxed, because even though he's been in this demon family for a bit longer than twenty years, about the same as me, he's always been a bit wary of Lexi.

Lexi has a very flamboyant, non-modest personality, and he refuses to clamp up the same way Tristan does, unless he's really upset and needs time to handle himself.

"Think they'll notice us?" Elijah asks, sipping his lemonade and peeking over his menu.

I look toward them and wince when I realize Lexi is making direct eye contact with me, and he does not look too pleased.

"Lex already has," I murmur.

Simon huffs. "That brat better not tell the others," he grumbles, glaring and my soulmate even though Lexi isn't looking at him. "I may have promised Kayden that I wouldn't stalk him today."

"And you couldn't have kept that promise for one day?" Greyson deadpans. "We all recommended that we go somewhere else and leave them alone. I personally would've pushed it more if I knew you promised not to stalk Kayden!"

"I don't usually break my promises, but this place is sketchy," Simon mumbles.

I chuckle. "Lex has been coming here for years."

"Lexi is a demon."

"All of our soulmates are supernatural of some kind," Elijah says, ruffling Greyson's hair and his stubble. "Are you going to shave?"

Greyson gives him a confused look. "Do you not like it?"

"I do like it!" Elijah exclaims. "Besides, Levi just shaved. I need at least one stubbly boyfriend."

"Shit," Winston murmurs, and we all see Tristan walking over to us, directing a cocky smirk at his soulmate. "Ah, waiter! I'd like a refill on my drink and could I get the gnocchi soup?"

Tristan ignores his request. "Simon, your boyfriend asked me to tell you that you're not going to get the privilege of fucking him for the rest of the week. Greyson, Elijah, I was asked to tell you that Levi isn't mad you're following him because he's pretty sure you two didn't come up with this plan and just came along for the drinks, so he's more disappointed that you didn't dissuade Simon from his stalky nature. Amari, Lexi is excited to show you the new lingerie he bought. And, Winston... you owe me twenty dollars."

Winston groans and pulls out his wallet. "Fuck, I hoped you had forgotten."

"Did you two seriously bet on this?!" Simon exclaims, glaring daggers at Winston and Tristan.

"Yeah, and you made me lose," Winston grumbles. "Did you shop, too?"

Tristan goes from cocky to red and embarrassed. "What about it?" he asks, unable to hold his traditional, 'fuck you' tone. "I'm going back to my friends, bye!"

"We should probably eat somewhere else," I say, and Greyson nods in agreement as he stands up, Elijah pouting because he didn't get a chance to finish him lemonade.