Waking you up for cuddles

Sofia couldn't help but smile as she entered your shared bedroom and discovered you sound asleep, cuddled up in her sweater.

She just got home from a long day on set, and it's past midnight. She was tired and anxious, so seeing you asleep was like lifting a weight off her shoulders.

She noticed one of your legs was on top of the blanket while the other was underneath it. As you slept, your lips were parted, your head was thrown back, and sweet breaths fell from your lips, giving you the appearance of an absolute angel in her eyes.

She walked over to you, tiptoeing across the room to avoid waking you up. As you smiled in your sleep, she gently brushed her lips over your shoulder blades.

After the day she had, all she wanted to do was crawl into bed with you. But she needed to brush her teeth and change into something more comfortable, so she gave you another look and just watched you sleep before heading into the bathroom.

She closed the bathroom door all the way and then switched on the lamp to avoid the light hitting your eyes and waking you up. She quickly brushed her teeth and performed her skin routine in the bathroom before exiting and changing into one of your shirts and her pj bottoms.

She reached you and switched off the light that you had left on. She leaned next to you, her head resting on the pillow. She was tired and assumed she'd fall asleep soon, so she simply said goodnight to you and closed her eyes.

She was, nevertheless, restless. She couldn't fall asleep no matter how hard she tried, despite the fact that she was exhausted. Her thoughts started to race, and she struggled to resist the desire to check the time.

Sofia didn't want to know the time because she knew she'd just be counting down the hours before she had to get up and head out the door if she did.

She flipped over and faced you, unexpectedly longing to be held because she wanted your warmth. She bit her lower lip and drew herself closer to you.

She was a little sad at the risk of potentially disrupting your peace. But she was upset and tired, and all she wanted to do was sleep. To wake you up, she caressed your check and whispered your name in your ear. You gradually opened your eyes.

"Sof? Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she whispered softly.

"Why'd you wake me? It's too early."  You mumbled and she sank her teeth into her lip as guilt crept over her for waking you.

"I'm sorry. I just can't sleep."

You reached over to brush your hand along her shoulder as sleep became the least of your concerns.

"What can I do?"

"Maybe cuddle?"  She answered.

You nodded.

"Come here." You said while you opened your arms for her so she could lay her head on your shoulder.

She shifted her head to your shoulder and immediately exhaled a sigh of relief.

It warmed her heart even more when she felt you cover her with a portion of your blanket. She brushed her lips against the side of your neck, nice and satisfied now that she had you to hang on to.

She tangled her legs in yours as you rubbed her back, her face buried in her hair.

"Do you have anything on your mind, my love? Is there something you'd like to talk about?"

"I don't think so." She said softly. "Now I'm feeling a lot better."

"That's good. Well I'm here if you need to talk about anything." You smiled and comforted her by keeping your touch gentle and slow.

"Thank you baby."

You hummed in response.

Her mind had settled down and she was fully relaxed. She tightened her grip on you when she felt your lips brush against her temple.

"What would I do if you weren't here?" She inquired.

"I suppose we'll never know because I'm not going anywhere. Now, pretty girl, go to sleep. Today was a long day for you. Now I've got you."

"I love you so much Y/N/N." She said that and smiled as she drifted off to sleep, grateful that she has you to hold onto for everything.