♡︎♡︎♡︎

Not gonna lie, Oakley completely forgot it was her birthday until she woke up to her phone blowing up with texts, calls, mentions, tags, and two of her best friends jumping on her bed with multiple food items. She hadn't even realized it was already 2pm when she had woken up either.

"Bitch!!! You're 20!" Sarah shouted as she sunk next to me on the bed. Margo followed shortly after, spooning me.

"I might start crying. She's actually finally not a teenager." Margo wiped a tear away as Sarah nodded.

Oakley, still being half asleep, nodded and buried her face into her pillows. Sarah and Margo both cuddled with her for about ten minutes until the doorbell rang. Sarah got up, and ran to the door to see who it was. She came back with multiple packages, all addressed to Oakley. By this point, Oakley was sitting up, and stretching. After a yawn, she looked towards the other two in her room.

"Wait, thats today?" Oakley glanced at the mound of stuff.

"Dont tell us you forgot your own birthday." Sarah released a gasp, and Margo and her grasped each other on the floor.

Oakley watched the two, and sighed. "I guess I did. It doesn't really matter."

"It definitely does matter! Today twenty years ago, your mother, rest her soul, popped you out of her vagina!" Margo explained.

"That makes me hate today even more." Oakley stood up, and stretched again. She walked into her bathroom, and brushed away the morning breath and rats nest. When she returned to her room, the others were gone. So, she grabbed a blanket, wrapping it around her shoulders, and walked to the kitchen. There stood not only Margo and Sarah, but Nick and someone else. It took her a minute, but she immediately recognized the other male.

"KARL?" Oakley stood stunned. The man that had kept her awake multiple nights to accompany him on alt streams, and helped her with college essays. Was there. right in front of her, in the flesh. She was frozen, so he had to physically walk up to her and hug her. Immediately, she pulled him into a huge bear hug, her majorly famous ones that Sarah, Margo, and Nick all came to love.

"Good luck getting out of that dude." Nick laughed while spinning to grab the multiple presents he had hidden. Oakley was still hugging Karl when nick walked over to help pry her off so he could give her his gifts. After successfully prying her off the 22 year old, and sitting her in a chair, they all lined up with their gifts. Nick was first, then Margo, Karl, and finally Sarah, who had a present in a different room supposedly.

"Guys you actually didn't have to. I didn't really expect anything, you guys are already enough to me." And she actually meant that. For her whole life, Oakley was treated like utter shit on her birthday. Her father, and brother never remembered it, and when they did, they got her nothing except a card. Which only was the birthday before her mother died. After she passed, her brother would be out late, and would come back absolutely hammered and not himself. The same went for her dad, except one day, he just didn't come back. Probably went to some foreign country with some hot sugar mommy. That's why, when Oakley was old enough, she moved in with Margo's family. There is where they would celebrate. She never told them about it though, and they respected it. But they still would take her out for dinner and treat her to ice skating- which she loved- on her special day. And she liked it that way. After she moved into Margo's, her brother never contacted her unless it was for money. He also at one point tried to steal money from her account, don't ask her how, but he didn't succeed, as he was too idiotic to pull it off. He was into hard meth and heroin, so it didn't surprise her when he tried to mooch off of her.

"Too bad. Now open!" Nick said, grasping her from the daze she was in. He pushed the three presents forward, and waited impatiently. She shook her head and grabbed the one on top. It was a smaller bag, with pretty tissue paper on top. No doubt that one of the girls helped him. She opened it to find a small box. he curiously looked towards Nick, and we was grinning from ear to ear. So she opened the box, seeing the most gorgeous necklace waiting for her. The necklace was a choker made of paperclips, that connected to a singular dice charm. Oakley was in awe of it. She examined the sparkling dice charm, and then set it down to open the next present. It was also from Nick. But this was a small box. So she peeled away the wrapping paper, to see a copy of The Sims 4. She had been wanting to buy this game since Alex showed her all the mods he had on it. But she had always somehow procrastinated buying it.