First Year Part Three

Start from the beginning

"Um...I get you are trying to be nice," Dorcas snorted. "But I don't think glaring at someone is gonna-"

"Hey!" Harry objected catching his Quidditch number on the end of the scarf a young Nova had given to Neville. "That was mine!"

Madam Hooch was refereeing. She stood in the middle of the field waiting for the two teams, her broom in her hand. 

"Now, I want a nice fair game, all of you," she said, once they were all gathered around her. Harry noticed that she seemed to be speaking particularly to the Slytherin Captain, Marcus Flint, a sixth year. Harry thought Flint looked as if he had some troll blood in him. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the fluttering banner high above, flashing Potter for President over the crowd. His heart skipped. He felt braver. 

Nova, Ginny, Ron, Marlene, Regulus, and the Twins were in hysterics. 

"Feeling the love," Harry rolled his eyes. 

"Mount your brooms, please." 

Harry clambered onto his Nimbus Two Thousand. 

Theo had opened his mouth to say something but both Blaise and Nova placed a hand over his mouth. 

"Keep your dirty thoughts to yourself," Draco hissed.

Madam Hooch gave a loud blast on her silver whistle. Fifteen brooms rose up, high, high into the air. They were off. 

"And the Quaffle is taken immediately by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor — what an excellent Chaser that girl is, and rather attractive, too —" 

"JORDAN!"

"Sorry, Professor."

The Weasley twins' friend, Lee Jordan, was doing the commentary for the match, closely watched by Professor McGonagall. 

"And she's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet, agood find of Oliver Wood's, last year only a reserve — back to Johnson and —no, the Slytherins have taken the Quaffle, Slytherin Captain Marcus Flint gainsthe Quaffle and off he goes — Flint flying like an eagle up there — he's going tosc— no, stopped by an excellent move by Gryffindor Keeper Wood and theGryffindors take the Quaffle — that's Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor there, nicedive around Flint, off up the field and — OUCH — that must have hurt, hit inthe back of the head by a Bludger — Quaffle taken by the Slytherins — that'sAdrian Pucey speeding off toward the goal posts, but he's blocked by a secondBludger — sent his way by Fred or George Weasley, can't tell which — niceplay by the Gryffindor Beater, anyway, and Johnson back in possession of theQuaffle, a clear field ahead and off she goes — she's really flying — dodges aspeeding Bludger — the goal posts are ahead — come on, now, Angelina —Keeper Bletchley dives — misses — GRYFFINDORS SCORE!"

The Gryffindors erupted into cheers. 

So did James, Sirius, and Marlene.

"Budger up there, move along." 

"Hagrid!" 

Ron Nova and Hermione squeezed together to give Hagrid enough space to join them. 

"Bin watchin' from me hut," said Hagrid, patting a large pair of binoculars around his neck, "But it isn't the same as bein' in the crowd. No sign of the Snitch yet, eh?"

"Nope," said Ron. "Harry hasn't had much to do yet." 

"Kept outta trouble, though, that's somethin'," said Hagrid, raising his binoculars and peering skyward at the speck that was Harry. Way up above them, Harry was gliding over the game, squinting about for some sign of the Snitch. This was part of his and Wood's game plan.