"You were investigating Lex Luthor," said Brainy. It was a statement, not a question.

"I figured Catco's database might have some information on him from this earth. What were you doing looking at my work computer anyways?" asked Nia.

Brainy ignored her question. "You need to stop doing that. It could be traced back to you and we still don't know where he is. There is an eighty-seven percent chance that at least three people in the Obsidian North building have ties to Lex and any one of them could be watching. You could be killed, why can't you understand that?" He was anxiuosly pacing.

Realization struck Nia. Brainy was worried about her.

"Brainy, listen to me," she said gently, taking his hand. "I'm going to be okay. I'm Dreamer, remember? I can take care of myself."

Brainy said nothing for almost a full minute. When he did speak, it was so soft she could barely hear him.

"I can't lose you again," he said.

Nia didn't know what to say at first.

"You're not going to," she reassured him, wrapping her arms around him and pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Let's just go back home for today," she suggested.

"That would be great," said Brainy, sounding more relaxed than he had in months.

"I need to get my stuff from upstairs, I'm a little behind on my work," said Nia, letting go of his hand.

Brainy looked like he was about to panic, but he let her go. Nia gathered her things as quickly as she could, not wanting to worry him.

When she returned outside, he was waiting for her and immediately took her hand once she was close to him.

They walked back to her apartment. Nia sat down on the couch and opened her computer. Brainy sat next to her, putting his arm around her shoulders and holding her close. Nia gave him a small smile and snuggled closer to him.

They stayed like that for a few hours, with Nia working and Brainy using his abilities to scan for any sign of Lex Luthor, on the web or on security cameras.

Nia's phone chimed, and she saw a text from Kara to the group chat inviting them to lunch at the Tower. Lena responded immediately, saying she'd be there.

Nia looked at Brainy.

"How does lunch with the Super friends sound?" she asked, willing to stay home if he didn't want to go.

"I would love to attend, if you will be there," he replied. Nia replied to the chat saying they would be there.

They left the apartment and arrived at the tower fifteen minutes later. Brainy had held her hand for the entire walk. Nia was beginning to get used to the constant affection, but it had been hard to adjust to at first.

J'onn, Alex, Kelly, and Kara were already there and had gotten takeout from Noonan's. Lena was still at the computers running a new scan to attempt to find Lex, but was clearly not making any progress.

Nia watched Kara gently move her away from the screen, taking her hand and pulling her to the table J'onn had set up. Nia smiled, remembering all of the times she had needed to drag Brainy away from his desk at the DEO.

At least, when the DEO was still standing.

Alex spotted the two of them.

"Nia! Brainy! It's good to see you both," she said.

"How's life as a vigilante?" asked Nia. So far she had only been able to join Alex on patrol once since she had left the DEO, but Alex had seemed to be adjusting well.