By the time the cars started to move forward and the closer we got to the flashing lights, the car up ahead was flipped onto its roof, the paramedics on standby while the firefights were standing by the car with the passenger still inside. I shut my eyes quickly before opening them to just focused on the road ahead while we slowly rolled passed the accident, the cars finally picked up speed when we verged from off the by-pass and into the town, glad that I left early when I had fifteen minutes until my shift started.

It wasn't long until I pulled into the small car park outside the coffee house, the chill of the wind licking my skin when I stepped from out the car, grabbing my uniform on the way out. The moment I walked through the door the warmth from inside wrapped around my body, goosebumps forming on my skin with the temperature change. I gave a small smile when Jen looked over to the door when the bell announced that someone had walked in.

"Afternoon, Becca." She greeted me, her eyes moving back down to the napkin she was doodling on while I walked behind the counter next to her. I quickly crouched below to pull my work shirt on.

"Had a busy morning?" already knowing the answer to the question when I stood back up and tied the apron around my waist, putting my shirt onto the side of the back counter.

"The typical manic morning rush but things have died down for now." She said looking at me as she leant on her elbows, her chin in hand as she flicked the pen from side to side. "I see you got yourself some new glasses," commenting on my new pair, it being longer than a few weeks since the older ones had been crushed by Tiffany.

"Honestly, I was getting sick of wearing contacts." I sighed.

Trying to get them in every morning was a pain in my ass, glasses are so much more convenient. All you got to do is roll over and slip them on then you're done and good to go.

Jen patted me on the shoulder and left me to go into the back room while I put my head in my hands. I gave my eyes a rub from underneath my glasses. I heard the bell above the door ding when I looked up to see Amanda walk on in, her dark hair tied up while she wore a dark grey jacket and light blue skinny jeans. I couldn't stop a smile pulling up the corners of my lips when she walked towards me, making me stand up straight with my hands resting on the counter.

"Hey." She smiled, "new glasses?" she asked, my eyes dropping to her dark rose coloured lips and her pearly white teeth making my feel self conscious because of my braces.

"Why yes, they are. I think the other glasses were beyond repair." I smiled back quickly, "so, what can I get you?" I enquired with my arms flat on the counter while I leant in closer towards her, close enough to smell her perfume and so we were face-to-face at the same level.

"The same as normal." She spoke back sweetly, the urge to kiss her again creeping up on me as I pushed it back down and stood up to make her drink. "What time are you working 'til?" She asked back, making me turn my head to look at her.

"Eight-thirty, I'm only in for a few hours," I answered, turning my head back around to finish making her drink and foaming up the milk. "Why?" I asked back and handed her drink over to her,

"I was just wondering." She shrugged, making me raise an eyebrow at her, she stayed standing at the counter when she saw there were no other customers, just a few left as I said goodbye to them.

"No one just wonders unless they want something, why, are you need a lift somewhere?" I pressed, her resting bitch face making a return when she looked back at me.

"No, I don't need a lift." She deadpanned, making me chuckle at how easy her moods can change.

"Are you going to tell me or just keep staring at me?" a slight tug at the corner of her lips, knowing she was biting her tongue from saying something.