Chapter 11: Consequences

I like you too I guess... Kokichi felt as dumb as ever as those six words came out of his mouth. His wished he'd be able to respond more certainly instead it sounded more like a question. Unfortunately he wasn't able to do so as he stared at beautiful grey irises belonging to the taller male in front of him and the words came out. The young leader, despite his ultimate, didn't have any confidence to confess his feelings towards a certain someone before the other did. Kokichi felt as if his brain could explode at any moment now, his face was burning and it was as red as a tomato. Both stayed quiet not even daring to move a muscle, the so familiar awkward feeling coming back again.

Shuichi was internally panicking, but at the same time he felt somewhat relieved to finally getting it out of his chest. He still felt very embarrassed and stupid, if someone found out they would probably haunt him forever about it. And how much he wished he could go back in the past and change it, but what's done it's done. 

While the two silently stared at each other, a certain robot wandered in the Ultimate Inventor's lab careful not to touch anything that looked fragile. After Kirumi's death, he was the one who took charge of most of the chores and even though he was a robot, the white head felt somewhat tired, on could say "mentally tired". Kiibo missed the dead students, even the ones he didn't know that well or even talked more than once or twice with them. In his point of view, killing was always wrong. Carefully picking up some of Miu's tools that were on the ground and placing them where they were supposed to be. Walking out of the lab when suddenly, he spotted a letter on the floor. Out of curiosity, he took it and took a look at it. "From: (_&$3?) to: Kokichi Ouma" it read. The robot was confused at first since the envelope was on the middle of the ground, but he brushed it off, deciding he would just give it to the Ultimate Supreme Leader and hopefully not get involved to whatever it was about.

Quietly standing in front of the door, Kiibo took a deep breath before knocking on it loud enough for the person inside to hear. For his surprise, both the detective and the leader were there when he walked in feeling a bit awkward at first.

- O-oh. What brings you here Kiibo?- Shuichi stuttered, walking over to the robot.

- I found a letter for Kokichi in front of Miu's lab and I figured he's be here- Kiibo answered showing the envelope to Kokichi, who was now standing next, but not too close to the dark haired male.

- For me? Let me see!

How is his acting so good? Shuichi asked himself as he watched the person in question change moods and personality like it was just as easy as breathing. Well, it might be the just the case for the leader.

Kiibo handed the letter over to Kokichi before leaving them alone and walking away searching for something to do. Meanwhile, the leader clumsily opened the envelope, that had a fancy touch to it, almost ripping it apart several times. His eyes widened in surprise as he read the content written most likely by hand in black ink. He could tell, because of how sloppy it looked, it was clear that whoever wrote it had really bad calligraphy. Kokichi stared at it for a few seconds, he wasn't even sure if it was a real or fake since the leader wasn't able to recognise the writing, but then again. he never saw that person's writing either.

-Why are you so shocked?

Kokichi jumped a little out of shock as the detective walked a little closer to him, trying to take a look at the paper the shorty was holding. He panicked at the thought of Shuichi reading what it said, so he hid it behind his back clenching his fingers, tightening his grip on the letter. Desperately thinking of any kind of excuse that could trick the detective into thinking it was nothing to worry or think too much about. That's it he mentally cheered.

-It was from a nurse saying that I probably don't have to worry about my injuries anymore! - The purple head practically screamed.

-Stop lying.

Kokichi froze when he heard those words. How could he know? The leader was flawless when it came to lying, wasn't he? So how could the detective have figured it out that it was far from the truth? All his questions received answers as the dark haired bot continued talking.

-I received a message from Kassandra this morning while you were asleep - Well, I think you were sleep he thought to himself not so sure. - It said "Monokuma has sent some pills that will help Ouma heal faster and so he doesn't get any scars later, also remember to tell him not to move around too much or else they will open again." And she sounded very concerned. - he said while pointing at the bottle of small white pills on his desk- Also, when you lie is like your personality changes a bit, but I can't really explain it or put it into words that make any sense.

Still paralyzed, Kokichi took a deep breath, giving up on his original plan. No, he was giving up on all his other ideas that popped in his brain, because all of them included lying and he knew the more he lied the more complicated it would be to explain it later.

-If it's something personal or that you really don't want anyone to know about, it's ok. I won't force you to show me or anything.... But don't lie to me okay? I know when you're lying....

For Shuichi, every time the leader would try to trick him into believing his lied, it pained his heart, because in his mind it meant that Kokichi didn't trust him enough to tell the truth, that might be just the case. The detective thought that maybe after they confessed to each other, the purple head would be more open to him. But life doesn't work like that, but he already knew that. Saying he wasn't curious would've clearly been a lie, Shuichi was dying to know what it really was about. For the detective's surprise, Kokichi handed him the letter, more like shoved the paper into his face than properly giving it to him like a normal person would. The raven haired boy looked at the smaller, confusion in his eyes. He unfolded the paper that was more fragile than before, because of how much the leader was gripping on it like his life depended on it.

Greetings Ouma-kun,

It seems you still haven't tricked the other students yet. Well....Since we never talked about what would happen if you didn't do it, we'll let this one pass. By we I meant me, the mastermind and our special guest. But you don't have to worry about that. Because of you we had someone kill one of your fellow classmates during that last double kill. So please think about the consequences before not concluding your part of a deal. Others might get hurt because of you Ouma.

Once done reading, Shuichi looked up from the ridiculous, but serious letter.

-Why didn't you tell anyone about you making a deal with some random stranger?

Kokichi hesitated.

- I didn't want to get anyone involved.....

And that was the end of their conversation. The detective never saw anyone besides the Ultimates, nurses, monokubs and Monokuma inside the school. The only person he did see was that red eyed girl what was her name again? He couldn't bring himself to remember. Putting the paper aside on the messy bed that was now cold, the detective sat on the floor and patted the space next to him signaling Kokichi to sit as well. The leader didn't think twice before walking over and occupying the empty ground.

- It wasn't your fault.

It took the leader a second before clearly understanding what the taller was saying and when he did tears began to fall from his cloudy purple eyes. Letting himself lean on Shuichi shoulders and cry all his accumulated pain and suffering out of his tiny figure. Shuichi flinched as he felt his shirt become wet, but when he understood what was happening he let the small boy cry pulling him closer, whispering sweet nothings to him.