7▪︎7

"Tonight feels right, doesn't it." Stiles hummed from the kitchen, going through the motions of chunking up vegetables for dinner. Derek hummed from beside him, eyes focused on the knife he was using to cube up raw chicken.

"Like, nothing feels forced. This is right. Its comfortable. In every other relationship I've been in I've always watched what I was doing, anxious and hypervigilant. This is nothing like it. I like this a lot." Stiles continued talking, throwing bell pepper slices into a bowl for later. He brushed past Derek as he headed to the refrigerator, rummaging through the drawers in search of the artichoke hearts. An exclamation of happiness came from the refrigerator, signaling that Stiles had found what he was looking for.

Derek smiled as he put down his knife, scrubbing his hands with soap before he salted the water for the noodles. They didn't really know what they were making but with Derek's culinary skills and Stiles skills with improvisation they weren't worried.

"I've never been in a relationship like this either, its always been extremely sexually driven. Or we're just using each other. This is nice, really nice." Derek pitched in, throwing the chicken into a pan with a mixture of seasonings.

Stiles hummed happily, bumping his hip against Derek's as he drained the water from the jar of artichoke hearts. The fell into a quiet routine while they finished cooking dinner. When the food was finished they made themselves their plates and took their places at the dinning room table. They ate slowly, talking about random topics while they played footsie underneath the table.

The night progressed comfortably. They washed the dishes side by side, bumping hips and flicking water. While Derek was rubbing a pot dry Stiles flicked a particularly large spray of water at him, wetting the werewolves side. Derek stiffened, turning to face Stiles with a rather unamused expression on his face. Stiles burst into a fit of giggles, going back to rinsing off a plate. Derek growled playfully and pulled Stiles away from the sink by his beltloops.

Before Derek got Stiles too far from the sink the Spark managed to shut off the tap. The werewolf manhandled his mate onto the counter top, pushing an excited squeal from Stiles lips. The younger man wrapped his legs around the elders and pulled him close.

"Such a playful thing, aren't you little Spark?" Derek murmured, leaning in close to Stiles pale neck. Goosebumps blossomed alongside the moles that dotted Stiles neck.

"Oh I gotta be. Some ones gotta match your... animalistic drive..." Stiles teased, breath airy and hot.

Derek rolled his eyes and pressed a kiss to Stiles neck, feeling his pulse beneath the skin. The hot kisses to the vulnerable spots along the Sparks neck reminded him of his humanity. Stiles hummed contently as Derek kissed along the side of his neck, trailing kisses up to his jawline and then kissing his face. The werewolf littered kisses over Stiles face, purposely avoiding his lips.

Stiles was quite alright with the lack of attention on his lips, burning with happiness at the affection he was receiving. As Derek was attacking Stiles with soft kisses the Spark began to mess with the werewolf's hair.

He twisted the dark strands between his fingertips, twirling strands together and spiking it up as he gently tugged. A small groan escaped the lips pressed to his face. Stiles smiled dangerously as the werewolf nipped at the soft skin of his cheek. Derek pulled back and pressed a hard kiss to Stiles lips, stealing the smile from the Sparks lips.

Derek kissed Stiles hungrily, pulling him flush against his chest by the beltloops. Stiles kissed back with just as much passion, tangling his fingers tightly in Derek's hair. Lips worked against lips, feverishly and experimentally. Derek wrapped an arm around Stiles waist tightly and stepped back, using his other hand to grab a handful of Stiles ass once the Spark was clear of the countertop.