deja vu

time skip, 6:10 am

"you sure you don't wanna say your goodbyes to miles?" (y/n)'s mother asked as she shut the trunk that was filled with boxes.

(y/n) picked a few dirt specks from her fingernails before leaning her head on the car window as her legs were up on her chair, curled up in a ball.

"no, no, i-i already did" she said, looking at her mom as her tears could be seen reflecting in the early light.

"alright" (y/n)'s mom muttered as she tied her hair in a bun before reversing the car from the driveway.

-

8:12 am

miles stayed on his bed, staring at his ceiling that had pencils stabbed into it as he continued to throw pencils and sharp darts onto it like a target. the small thumps of the pencils hitting the ceiling, made kate groan as she stomped out of her room.

"would you please quiet it down?" she scoffed.

"no" miles replied, not making any eye contact with her.

"miles."

"no"

"m-"

"i said no!" miles yelled, his body springing up from the bed as the mattress bounced.

kate hesitated, sighing as she smacked her lips and looked onto the floor to see scattered sticky notes everywhere.

"what the hell miles?!" she said as she squatted down, peeling the sticky notes off and crumpling them.

"leave them" miles replied.

"you kidding? no" kate said as she continued to peel them off.

"i said leave them!" miles replied, slamming his fists onto the mattress.

"fine..fine, whatever you want" kate gave in, tossing the sticky notes to the floor as they fell like feathers from clouds.

"is this because of her?" kate asked.

miles looked at kate, closing his eyes as he shook his head.

"doesn't matter" he muttered.

"no-no it does matter miles, you love her" she added. 

"and i-i can tell you do, i really do." kate added once again as she leaned her body on the door frame.

"i mean from the notes, t-the nights with no sleep, bringing her in after she had gott-gotten drunk- you really love her don't you?" kate asked. 

miles didn't respond but continued to tap his feet on the floor as he still remained on the bed.

"i won't see her again, it really doesn't do anything kate"

"we both can't do anything" miles sighed as he let his body fly down onto the bed.

kate stuttered, closing her mouth as she was about to say a word. she looked at miles, knowing this had been his first very true heartbreak. fiddling with her fingers, she brought herself in a calm space and began to speak.

"you know, if you really love someone you gotta let them go miles." kate started as she continued to look down onto the floor, totally spaced out but in the moment.

"whatev-" miles stated as he got cut off.

"a-and if it were meant to be, you'd see them again..unexpectedly" kate added on, as she brought her gaze back onto miles who was all eyes onto her. 

miles didn't respond, but instead nod and watched as kate rubbed the frame of his door before walking down the hall back to her room.

miles sat there, his arms onto his knees as one continued to bounce up and down from anxiety. he brought his head down in between his arms as he sighed..

"is it possible?" 

~~~~

two years later..

it's already been only two since miles and (y/n) parted and went their own ways. though it had been tough months for miles, he tried keeping himself sane though everywhere he would go it gave him deja vu of her. oh (y/n).

kate had recently moved out, leaving only mrs. grose, flora, and miles all in the home. everything was silent, there wasn't the giggles from flora's room after rounds of tickling with kate. it would be soon when miles would be needing to apply for colleges, as his high school years are coming to an end. 

"if it were meant to be, you'd see them again..unexpectedly"

miles thought as he looked at himself in the mirror, a book in his hand as a bright yellow sticky note stuck to one of the pages as a bookmark. he scoffed before shaking his head and leaving his room.

"mrs. grose!" he called. 

mrs. grose's eye shot up to the boy.

"yes dear?"

"i-i'm going downtown, need anything?" he asked, a smile on his face as he reached for the door knob they had recently fixed.

"just for you to get there safety, dear" she nodded with a smile as she continued to softly brush flora's hair. 

-

miles was still the same, he had gotten rid of his red sweater obessions and started getting into his father's clothing more often. though nothing had fit him, he still called it comfy and style. 

starting the car, he drove swloly out of the gates and down the driveway. every memory faded back to him making him grip onto the wheel tighter as he began to excape the house's premises and made a turn to downtown. 

-

the bells jingled as a sign someone had entered, the cafe had been busy today. though it was odd to find a senior going out to drink coffee, it had became his routine rather than stay in bed and refresh all the memories of (y/n) and him. 

"well, miles no surprise seeing you today!" an older woman whom had worked at the cafe stated as she swiped the credit card of miles onto the cashier. 

"no worries dear, i'm sure we all know your order" she winked before walking back to the kitchen. 

the cafe had made miles feel comfort and at ease ever since (y/n) moved from wherever the hell she had been. the spot whom miles had always sat on was taken, making his groan as he turned his body to find a seperate spot. which was nowhere. 

"a**holes" he whispered to himself as he decided to stand in the middle of the cafe where lines of customers waiting for their beverages stood. to pass by the time, he opened his book before licking his finger tips and flipping the pages when a gust of wind from someone walking past him led to the not-so-sticky note to slip off and fall onto the floor. 

as miles as about to pick it up, a foot came in..causing the sticky note to full on stick onto their shoe. miles hesitated, not knowing if he should just pull it off or not. 

"a-ahem" he faked cough, grabbing the attention of the sticky note-heel-sticker.

the figure turned around, and he could've swore he felt weak.

"sh*t- y/n?" he muttered.