how was ur day

even after the dinner, (y/n) stayed in her seat. not having the courage to run after miles or wherever he had went to. 

"d-don't mind him, he's always like this." kate reached over the dining table just to give (y/n) a reassuring pat on her hand.

(y/n) didn't respond but instead gave a small nod, not knowing how to respond. it wasn't long later that (y/n) picked up her plate and handed it to mrs. grose. heading to the door where she would leave and go home. though it was dark, (y/n) didn't want to seem spoiled by asking her own teacher for a ride back home. 

as she finally stepped foot out of the mansion, she inhaled before walking down the circular pathway, around the fountain pond full of dead fish, and to the gate. about to twist the lock open, she flinch as she felt something pulling her back.

"it's me, it's me" miles whispered, (y/n)'s back on his chest while her eyes widened.

"sorry for running off, but i wanted to say my farewells" he whispered once again before turning her body to face his.

"it's fine, i understand" (y/n) nodded, slowly walking to leave the premises. 

"y/n" he blurted out.

"hm?" (y/n) stopped from closing the gate.

"i'll see you again"

"some other day" he said with such meaning, chuckling at how stupid it sounded.'

"alright" (y/n) giggled before looking down at her fingers.

"see ya" she said before turning away, taking her phone out to use as a flashlight leaving miles standing on the other side of the gate where he looked down at his hands. a rose, stuck between his finger tips. he had cut the thorns off, but didn't manage to have the heart to hand it to the girl.

//////////

two days later, everything was normal and boring. (y/n) walked back home like she always did, looking down at her converse shoes whom she had managed to fix the torn up fabric. upset to know that her only friend, miles fairchild was expelled from school for her doing.

as she walked from stop sign to stop sign, a beige prius slowly followed her. (y/n) furrowed her brows, trying to walk faster at a decent speed trying to lose the car but all it did was follow her figure like a tail.

she finally came to a hault when the car parked infront of her, stopping her from going forward.

she didn't say anything, but mutter curse words trying to release her fear. 

"what the hell do you want?" she said to the car, the windows slowly rolling down revealing no one else other than..

miles.

"miles?" (y/n) widened her eyes.

"you could've called me to give you a ride, sucker" miles told her, a grin on his lips as he put his hand out before slapping the car's door gesturing for her to come in.

"no, no it's fine reall-"

"get it for the love of god" miles rolled his eyes jokingly, laughing at how awkward (y/n) stood before him.

"how do you even know how to drive?" (y/n) said as she clicked her tongue, throwing her backpack to the other side of the backseat.

"i'm 16 now, i can drive" miles scoffed, gripping onto the wheel as hard as she could before reversing.

"idiot" (y/n) muttered to herself as she chuckled before looking out the car window.

///////

"now where do you wanna go?" miles asked her, his eyes still on the road.

"home" (y/n) looked at him, sticking her tongue out.

"jesus, it's the end of the week. home? really?"

"mhm" 

"so boring" miles whispered sarcastically, while the two drove their way through a bridge.

"hey where are we going?" (y/n) asked, softly putting her hand on miles' as he had it rested on the arm rest.

"nowhere" he told her, giving her a glance from the corner of his eye.

"fine, as long as you're not killing me" (y/n) said, taking her hand off of his only for him to grab her hand again.

"keep it there" miles softly said, sounded like a murmur to be honest. 

(y/n) didn't fight with him, she smiled a soft smile before allowing her own hand to fall onto his.

///////

shortly a few minutes later, miles stopped at what seemed to be a flower shop. the store's outside was already full of rust and the paint seemed to be chipping off but miles looked at it as it it were brand new. 

"what's this?" (y/n) looked at miles.

"flower shop" he replied.

"i can tell but, wh-what are we doing here." (y/n) hesitated before stepping out of the car, looking at how worn out the place already seemed to be.

"just trust me" was all he said before he opened the front door of the shop. 

everything seemed fine..

that was until.

she came in.