32

TW: before you proceed, mentions of sexual harassment, anxiety and other mental and emotional struggles are in this chapter. Please avoid if you're not ok with reading all that and please if you or anyone you know is struggling, don't be afraid to reach out. It won't effect the story as you follow it if you miss this chapter and all I care is that you're happy and healthy. All my love. Love yourself. x

Liv's POV
It had just been one of those days.

One of those days where the hate comments got a bit much. One of those days it was raining in London and all I seemed to be able to do was let my mood slowly fall with the shower beads from the sky. And one of those days were I couldn't seem to put on any happy music, no matter how hard I tried.

I was currently in a rented out studio room that I borrowed for a few hours every time I needed to film a routine, or just dance to clear my head.

It was just one of those days.

My mental health had never been so bad it had required a diagnosis, but there were times in my child and teenage years that I was referred to a psychologist with stress and anxiety issues. Dance had always helped.

I was loud and overcompensating, as some would call me, because I needed that emotional release. I craved it. Despite being a really good student in school- exams did not come easy, both GCSE and Alevel exams resulted in major A&E panic attacks and black outs but like I said- I wasn't diagnosed or medicated. Just given a psychiatrist.

That rainy day in mid April; Freya was out with Josh wedding planning all day, Harry and Cal were filming with some of the other lads, Will was streaming with Stephen and Simon was with JJ at training then a meeting with his agent. I didn't want to burden anyone with my flimsy emotional state right now, especially not when they all had 'better' uses of their time to attend to.

Even with Simon, who could tell how anxious I was that morning when he found me checking Twitter over and over reading the toxic comments on my latest post, I had insisted he had to go with JJ- I didn't want to be clingy. He had already offered to come up to meet my family that weekend and I refused to drag him into my mini-downward spiral.

So here I was alone. In that big empty space dancing in front of a camera and a wall of mirrors as my thoughts slipped away into a negative puddle in the back of my mind.

Dance definitely helped.

Calfreezy's POV

It was nearing ten at night and Harry and I had been home for about an hour and Liv still wasn't home. Ethan and Tobi were with us and while Tobi popped to the loo I had offered everyone a tea while we waited up for Liv who'd texted saying she would bring home dinner.

But when Liv got home, I heard the door slam and the sobs echo down the hall before I saw her.

She came into the kitchen, stumbling sideways to lean herself against the wall as the door closed behind her. Her hair was a matted, dripping wet mess and her makeup had ran down her face in long black streaks and red splotches.

Her once white trainers were caked in mud, her hoodie was soaked through and her long thin fingers were white knuckled on her gym-bag strap and on the bag of takeout she grasped as she shook in what looked like mingled terror and sadness.

"Livvy!" I breathed in shock as Harry and Ethan whirled around from leaning on the island and both gasped. Tobi was just coming back from the bathroom so at the sight his phone slipped from his hand and clattered into the tiles, thankfully not broken.

"I....I-." She could barely speak her voice was hoarse and shaking as she wobbled again. "I tried to walk under the street lamps." She sobbed and an instant feeling of dread settled in my stomach.