28

"Hey guys come on in." Vik opened the door to the sidemen house with a wide grin and we all entered greeting him with hugs and bro-handshakes as we entered. It was me, Katie, Freya, Gee, Emily, Harry, Will, Cal, Chip, Ethan, Tobi, Tobi's new girlfriend Amy and Luke who had shared a big taxi bus.

"Happy New Years." I cheered handing him the bottle of champers that Harry, Cal and I had chipped in on to bring from our flat. "Aww thanks guys.....everyone's in the kitchen." He pointed through the passageway towards their kitchen and I smiled, "I'm gonna go throw my bag upstairs anyone want anything taken up?" I asked the others and they all nodded kindly passing me their coats of clutches.

"Here'll help." Came a voice making us all look up and see Simon stood there with his arms wide, "aww thanks Si." I passed him half the pile and the two of us slowly departed upstairs from the group.

-.-.-.-

Freya's POV

Once Liv and Simon had disappeared Vik lead us all into the kitchen where I spotted Josh, Lewis, Lux, Sarah, JJ and Kay all waiting for us. "Happy New Years!" We all cheered upon our arrival and I instantly moved to say hello to my fiancé even if I'd woken up with him that morning, I had missed him all day when he and the boys had been busy party prepping.

"Where's Liv?" Lux asked noticing our geordie friend's absence. "Her and Simon went to put the coats upstairs." Emily said pointing upwards. "Oh lads this is mine and Liv's brother Luke, he's freshly 18 and ready to party with the big boys." Will introduced his poor little Browne who looked like he was about to throw up from a case of extreme over excitement and toxic nerves.

"Nice to meet you fam." JJ patted them poor boys back a bit to hard and Harry swatted his arm down. "Oi what's this about those two going up alone together?" Josh asked jokingly and Will nudged him, "lad! That's my sister. Ew."

"Yeah no one wants to think about Liv and Simon- I mean that's just a gross topic." Cal then said with a joking tone. "Cheers Cal- you're gross too, what we all chatting about?" Liv suddenly appeared in the doorway and we all looked to see her and Simon smiling at us all.

"Nothing, we were just asking where you were." Kay said with a smile and the two wondered in to join us, Cal passing them each a beer. "Well, here's to an even better year then the last!" Ethan raised a toast and we all cheered, clinking glasses and hugging.

"Before we all disperse and people start arriving- I just wanna say thank you." Josh suddenly went all serious on us and hugged me to his side I patted his shoulder supportively and watched his smile grow. "You lot are the best group of mates I could ask for and I can't wait to see what 2019 holds for us and our friends.......my fiancé and I will be tying the not and we can't wait to plan and have you all at our wedding." Josh said, "so here's to friendship and.......and...."

"Josh and Freya......congratulations, we wish you a world of happiness." Liv interrupted for him as he seemed to be getting emotional. "To Josh and Freya." Everyone repeated.

"I love you idiots." She sighed and I giggled through my almost-tear-stained face. "I love you too." I said pulling her into a side hug and everyone cheered again.

"Alright you saps! Time to get the tunes on, guests'll be here any minute." JJ clapped his hand, patting Harry and Vik who were either side of him in our huddle on the back before he moved to leave the circle.

"Aye aye Captain." Cal fake saluted and I smiled.

"Liv! We're on snack set up." I grabbed her arm and before she could walk over to the boys I dragged her over to the other girls.

Because the others may not have noticed when her and Simon came back down, but I did- they were holding hands.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-

SweetOlive:

SweetOlive: WARNING! Long sappy post ahead! As many of you know, @FreyaNightingale and @Zerkaa are finally tying the not

SweetOlive: WARNING! Long sappy post ahead! As many of you know, @FreyaNightingale and @Zerkaa are finally tying the not. And guess who gets to help plan their wedding! I just wanted to take a moment out of the last evening of 2018 to say a massive congratulations to my best friend, scratch that, my sister and one of my best mates. Freya and Josh, I can not explain in words how immeasurably happy I am for you both. I couldn't think of a better pairing. I also Couldn't be more excited for you both for this next chapter. I promise as your maid of honour- Freya, I will make sure you have the best damn day to start your way on this journey. I swear to be there for you like you have for me through every step that comes next, and Josh I promise to annoy the living shit out of you as the designated best friend and best the living hair out of you if you dare to ever hurt the loml. Jk I love you sm as well. So happy to be spending this night surrounded by our nearest and dearest friends- our second family. Thank you for always making me and part of it. And Josh if you hurt her I hurt you. Jk, Ily guys. Happy New year xx

FreyaNightingale: gosh you're a monster! You and Josh have already made me cry twice in the space of an hour! Ily sm xxxx

Zerkaa: I promise she won't be hurt, I love her to bits xx

^WillNE: oi! You two! Stop making my sister into a sap!

Miniminter7: beautiful words from a beautiful girl ❤️ congrats @Zerkaa and @FreyaNightingale

-.-.-.-.-.-

Liv's POV

"So you and Simon?" Freya said as the two of us were stood in the kitchen about an hour and a half into the party. "Uh, what?" I asked nervously toying with the hem of my dress as I leaned against the bench in an attempt to seem nonchalant.

"Don't play dumb with me, what's going on there- spill." She said with a dangerously maternal glare. And I finally felt myself crack.

It'd been months and I'd been dying to tell someone, anyone about Simon and I's budding relationship and now that we we're going official- I could let go of my fear and just accept how truly hard I had fallen.

"We're dating. He's my boyfriend and I think I love him." My mouth just emptied a waterfall of words before my brain could slam my jaw shut.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself as she stood there silently watching me with shock written all over her face. "I....I.....wow." Was all she said. "I mean I knew you two were probably a thing but I had no idea it was love.....that sounds serious Livy, how long has this been going on?"

"We....well we went on a date the week after we got back in October and-."
"October?!"
"Shhh Freya! Yes......then he asked me to be his girlfriend officially in November."

"Shit Liv......that long? How come you didn't tell me?"
"I didn't tell anyone, Cal and Will found out accidentally and Will told my folks.....then I told Harry so Simon and I didn't need to sneak around last night-."

"You told HARRY before you told ME?!" She exclaimed and I sighed. "I'm sorry, we just weren't ready to tell anyone." I told her and her face softened. "I get it, you want your privacy.......but-." Then a look of realisation struck her.

"Oh fuck."
"What?" I asked panicked by her suddenly shaken expression. "Monica." She mumbled.
"What?" I was confused.

"She- I.......oh god I forced your boyfriend to take Monica on a date." She was oddly horrified by her oblivious actions. "Frey it's fine, Simon and I just thought we didn't want to tell anyone yet so he agreed to go instead of telling Josh......our relationship is still so fresh."

"Well I'm happy for you." She said and I smiled, "thanks Frey."
"You wanna go tell the others now seen as you've cleared the first hurdle?" She asked and I slowly nodded.

"I'll go find Si first."