Chapter One: Troublemaker

What do the word memories mean to me? I don't know yet I can't remember anything about my life or who I am... All I can remember is my name.

  I was running down the hallway toward the classroom, and while running I notice students laughing at me while the teacher tries to catch me. I quickly open my classroom door and slam it behind me everyone in the class begins to laugh.

"Y/n can't you be serious about your mission for once!!" I look to see my brother Kankuro with a red face. 

"It not my fault that I got into another fight. It was the dude's fault for messing around with me."

"Yes, it is your fault! You keep on fighting almost everybody here!!"

"Those boys were making fun of Gaara! My duty is to protect him!!"

"By getting detention?! All the TIME!>" I smirk before sitting down next to Gaara who glanced at me.

"Y/n you should listen to Kankuro. He is right, you need to follow the school rules, and stops getting detentions."

"But Gaara, they were making fun of you."

"I know but I can take care of myself beside you're my little sister, and it is my duty to protect you. Didn't I told you that when I first met you?"

"Yeah." The truth is Gaara and Kankuro are not my real brother. They are my stepbrothers, and that was because Gaara beg his father to adopt me. It wasn't for him... I would have been on the street, but here I am... Sitting next to my stepbrother even if it has been a long time, I can still remember when I first met Gaara.

*Flashback*

The light shines bright in my face as I stood up and look around to see a forest of trees. Who am I? Why am I here? I felt a huge throbbing pain in my head. 

"What's your name?" I turn to see a red-haired boy.

"Y/n." That name came out of my mouth for some reason.

"Why are you here?" I look down at the ground that was covered in grass. 

"I don't know. I can't remember." He stares at me before turning his back toward me.

"I'm Gaara."

"Gaara?"

"Yes, my name is Gaara you can follow me if you like."

"Why?"

"Because we are both the same age and I bet your heart feels empty without your memory," Gaara whispered quietly before walking away. 

*Flashback end*

After what he says I follow him and then his father adopts me into the family.  The sand sibling took care of me including Gaara... He taught me how to control my chakra and everything which is why I still respect him even if he is always quiet.

"Y/n, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Good because guess where we are going to be soon?" I look up to see my sister Temari.

"Where?"

"The Hidden Leaf Village." My eye went wide. I heard that place is beautiful there of course Gaara would never allow me to go there at all for some reason.

"I can't wait to go!!"

"About that... Gaara says you can't go unless you start to apologize to everyone and go to detentions you missed." I stare at Gaara who was eating a cookie. Where the hell did he get that cookie?

"Gaara why?!"

"Sorry, but Kazekage made that decision, and he only allows worthy people to go to the Hidden Leaf Village." That dang Kazekage! Even if he adopted me... That is not right for him to ruin my fun. It isn't my fault at all! It was those kids' fault for calling Gaara a monster when he isn't one.