Fight

Even driving home, you kept the paper clenched in your hand, almost afraid to open it.

Finally arriving, you carefully unfolded the small white square in your palm. It read:

call me 123-456-7890

That Tom guy is bad news...just from meeting him once, i don’t like him. To protective and possessive. be careful

i see you at the cafe

-thranduil

You frowned and closed the paper. Who was he to judge? You had known Tom since you were little! Even though you were slightly offended, you still felt the urge to call him, or, at least message him. Smiling lightly, you set the paper on the kitchen counter. You decided to wait to decide what to do with it.

~~~~~~~

That morning, you put on your running attire and picked up the paper in one hand, and your phone in the other. You typed his number in quickly before you could change your mind and pressed the shiny green call button.

“Hello?” You heard Thranduil’s deep voice on the other end.

“Hi, its (y/n).”

“Oh! Are we running?”

“No, I can’t, Tom wouldn’t like it.”

“Don’t let Tom dictate your life, (y/n).”

“I’m not.”

“Oh really.”

“No,” you sighed.

“Ok, if you say so. Why’d you call?”

“I don’t know.”

“Oh.” Thranduil paused.

“Yeah.”

“Will I see you at the cafe?”

“Yes,” you replied.

“Alright,” Thranduil said. “Bye, have fun on your run.”

“Enjoy yours.”

*Click*

You set down your phone and stepped out the door, jogging to the park.

“(y/n)!” You heard Tom’s voice call out across the grassy field.

“Tom,” you yelled back. You met in the center of the field.

“Not here with that Thranduil guy?”

“Nope.”

“Good. I don’t like him.”

“Why?”

“He’s sleezy. He likes you. That bothers me.”

“He isn’t sleezy. And he doesn’t like me, we barely even know each other.”

“Well, guess who does like you?”

“Who?” You asked, now curious.

“Me.” Tom swooped down and kissed you deeply. You pushed him away in shock.

“Tom - I -” Out of the corner of your eye you saw a flash of silver hair behind the trees. “I have to go.”

“But, (y/n)!”

“No Tom. I have to go.” You ran off after the flash of silver, darting between trees. Arriving at the river, you saw Thranduil - head in hands, his ponytail messy strewn over his back.

“Thranduil?” You said softly, approaching him.

“You lied.”

“What?”
“You said you and Tom weren’t anything.”

“We aren’t-”

“Then why were you two-”

“None of your business.” You cut him off.

“Oh. I see.”

“See what?”

“You led me on.”

“What?”

“Nevermind. I’ve got to go.” Thranduil stood up and faced you. “Nice knowing you, (y/n). Farewell.”

“Wait! I’m sorry -”

“Goodbye.”

“WHAT-” You heard Tom’s voice. You spun around.

“You followed me?!” you cried. Tom didn’t answer, instead, he faced Thranduil, who was much taller.

“Listen here, ponytail-man, this girl here is mine.”

“I don’t belong to anyone!” you cried.

“She’s right. Leave her alone!” Thranduil yelled, bending down to Tom’s eye level.

Tom drew back his fist and punched Thranduil in the jaw. Stumbling back, he fell to the mossy ground and let out a cry. You screamed and ran to Thranduil’s side. Tom grabbed you, and began to drag you away, but not before Thranduil stood.

“Let. Her. GO!” Thranduil took you hand and wrenched Tom away. He drew you into his arms and sprinted away from Tom and the riverside. He took you through the forest, and you laied, paralyzed, in his arms. “I’m sorry, (y/n). This is my fault,” he huffed as he ran. “I shouldn’t have been watching. It’s your business, not mine, what you do with Tom.”

“I’m glad you did, Thranduil...I’m sorry I doubted you.”

“Don’t be.” Thranduil took you back to the park and set you down on the bench. “Run home before Tom catches up.”

“Thank you.” You kissed Thranduil’s cheek and raced off.