Stressfull Situation

Start from the beginning

            Singing for a bird hybrid was a sign of trust and happiness. Zane took it more as a sign of brotherly love then anything, and always sang when they were training. The song he usually sang was just a mix of upbeat whistles and hums but the others loved it just the same. But now Zane stayed silent, and the song was only a memory in all of their heads. They took it as a sign of happiness and hope. And now it was gone.

            Nya walked in the room, her beautiful long and puffed tail dragging on the ground as she wondered in. She looked to all of the ninja and sighed. “You guys shouldn’t be watching this,” She spoke, her ears shifting down as she walked over to the television. “It’s not good for you to see this, especially Lloyd.” She pressed the button and the screen went black.

            “We were only checking to see where they were,” Cole assured, his ears shifting to show he was lying. Nya knew better. They had been seeing how long they had to make their next move before the rioters found out about them.

            The public didn’t know they were all Hybrids until recently. It had been hard to keep silent about it before, but custom made uniforms usually fixed the issue. However, the ninja’s new uniforms were faulty in their last mission, and while they fought in Ninjago City the Serpentine has scratched their uniforms just enough for their appendages to spring out for the whole block to see. That’s when the public joined the Serpentine and fought against the ninja. Now everyone knew that the people who were trying to save them were part animal. The people couldn’t accept that, and now they turned against them. The Ninja were forced to get in the Destiny’s Bounty and to flee.

            “It’s not like we asked to be hybrids!” Jay spoke, crossing his arms and flicking his tail. “We tried to help the people and this is what we get in return?!”

            “I don’t like it any more than you do, Jay, but it’s how it is. It’s how we grew up. We knew they were going to find out eventually,” Cole pointed out. “We were planning on telling them after we defeated Garmadon.”

            “Yeah? And why didn’t we plan on them finding out about us?” Kai snapped, reaching up and pulling out a quill that was bent awkwardly. He flicked it away and watched it fall to the floor. “Coming up with a plan would have been nice.”

            “Yeah… and now we don’t have Uncle to help us,” Lloyd sighed.

            It had been almost 3 months since Sensei Wu had left to go look for Garmadon. The Chinese Dragon hybrid had the ability to fly, despite how he had no wings, but the ninja couldn’t help but worry for him. After all, he was a hybrid and the rioters were getting more and more land.

            “Guys, I hate to say it but maybe we should go into hiding for a while… if the rioters have that much power then maybe they can defend themselves against the Serpentine.” Kai sighed.

            “But where will we go?” Jay wondered, a frown growing on his face. “We’re the only Hybrids that we know of, and nobody’s going to open their arms and tell us that we’re like them. We have nowhere to go!”

            “We can hide in the desert or a cave or something. We can use our powers to survive. I can heat things up for us to eat.” Kai replied.

            “Oh? I’m sure that Jay and Lloyd would love to eat plants more than anything. They’re carnivores, Kai. They need meat. We need protein. Where are we going to get that, huh?” Cole spoke, a low growl mixed with his voice.