Stressfull Situation

The official Fanfiction of the Hybrid AU for Ninjago! I’m finally working on it.

            For those who don’t know I’m going to give a brief summery of the AU.

            In the AU the Ninja (and others depending on how you want your story to go ect.) are part animals.

            Zane is a Gyrfalcon and has feathered wings and a tail. Kai is a porcupine and has the ears, tail and quills of a porcupine. Cole is a black bear and has bear ears instead of human ears, claws, sharp teeth, and a tail. Jay is part cat (Havana Brown breed) and has cat ears instead of human ears, claws, teeth, and a tail. Lloyd is part dragon and has green and gold wings, horns and a long green tail with a fluff of gold fur at the end.

            These animals can vary if you want them too, but they’re kind of made to be those animals.

“The riot has ventured farther into Ninjago City, and many Hybrids have had to take cover in shelters.” A reporter announced to the television. “The rioters have gotten-!”
            “Hybrids aren’t human! They don’t deserve to be treated like us!” A man who took the microphone shouted. “They’re freaks of nature and deserve to be put down like the animals they are!”

            “Lloyd, get out of here. We don’t need you to see this-.”

            “No, Lloyd, stay.” Cole interrupted Kai. “He’s a hybrid like us and should see why we keep him next to one of us at all the time.”

            Kai shifted uneasily in his seat and looked over to the dragon-boy. They had always kept Lloyd close, especially after he used the Tomorrow’s Tea and grew wings. It became so much harder to hide him after that and that much harder to go outside. They used to send Lloyd because he looked the most human on the outside. They’d make him tuck in his tail and comb his hair to hide his ears. He’d have to stay completely silent so that nobody would have been able to see his teeth.

            They didn’t like making Lloyd do it, but wearing a hood out in public made you the most suspicious person in the world. Zane was the only one with normal human facial features, but hiding his giant falcon wings was a nightmare. At least Lloyd was able to pull his wings in tightly and was still growing. They weren’t at full size and they were easier to hide with a few belts and sweatshirts.  Zane’s was harder to hide because they constantly puffed up and shifted, making the option of belts really uncomfortable for him.

            Jay’s tail flicked and smacked into Lloyd’s arm, showing the younger male the cat’s nervousness. Jay’s cat ears were dipped down and his eyes darted around. He was clawing at his jeans and his tail was wagging around madly. The cat tapped his foot constantly and bit at his lip, threatening to break the skin.

            Cole wasn’t in a better situation. He was doing exactly what Jay was doing, looking around nervously and clawing at his jeans. It wasn’t usual for the bear hybrid to get nervous like this, but even he had to admit the rioters were getting more and more violent each day, and they were getting closer and closer to them.

            Kai’s hair and the quills on his back were standing up, shivering lightly as though they were all going to burst out of him at once. His ears constantly shifted as though he were trying to hear anyone who entered the room unexpectedly.

            Zane seemed like the calmest person, but even he couldn’t hide his anxiety that had been building. The others could tell that Zane was trying to stay calm to try and help them but they could tell he was crumbling away silently. He was molting his wings a lot more than usual, and there were feathers everywhere in the Bounty. His wings were constantly enlarged and puffed out, and Zane seemed to shift them a lot more as though they were a burden on his back. He stopped his singing too, something that the others had never thought he would do.