• twenty three •

I push off to the crowd of people, and sea of students ready to get back for another year in Hogwarts.

Ah, Hogwarts what a magical place to be, I thought as I shove my trunk inside the train happily humming.

"Train leaves in ten minutes, everything ready, kids?" Stones Ivory asked as he placed two hands on both mine and Asher's shoulder.

"All ready!" I chirped, and he nodded, smiling.

"Behave yourselves, and write as often as you can to me." father stated sternly and Asher rolled his eyes.

"We've been through this a lot, dad." he groaned and the Ivory man chuckled, planting a fatherly kiss on both our heads, to which I smiled at and Asher cringed, looking around if someone saw that.

"Just trying to make sure you know the basic." father said and the train let out a loud whistle, indicating it would leave in any moment.

"Right, get on then. And be on your best behaviour! I don't want any letters from Professors about pranks you've pulled, Asher." father stated sternly, giving my older brother a strict look.

"Can't promise that, dad." Asher grinned sheepishly. Dad opened his mouth to scold but Asher already sprinted inside the train, snickering like an idiot.

I smiled and hug father one last time.

"I'll keep him at bay, don't worry." I exclaimed, jokingly and Dad laughed, patting me on my back as I pulled away.

"And here I thought, you're the youngest sibling." Dad muttered and I chuckled.

"Be safe, Elaine. And please do look out for your brother." he said and I smirked.

"Will do. Bye dad!" I bid as I boarded the train, waving my hand at him. I stayed on the spot as the train moved, and watched as the platform slowly disappeared from sight.

Before I manage to snap out my trance, an arm swung on my shoulder and I turned to my side to see Zachary, and Chloe standing behind him smiling.

"Nice to meet you again, Elaine. How are you?" he chimed and I laughed, pulling away to hug him properly.

"As fine as the sunshine." I chirped and Zach laugh as I pulled away and hug Chloe.

"How's summer, Elaine?" Chloe asked as we began moving to find a compartment, dragging out trunks with us.

"It was amazing. Spent a lot of time trying to kill some time. Yours?" I replied and they both laughed.

"Pretty nice. My family went on a vacation. I figured that would take me off with all about that failed summer romance of mine, you know?" Chloe stated, softly. But I could hear the sadness that laced with it.

No matter how bitter their story was. Chloe did loved that guy she met on that bench. I knew Chloe were endeared by the talks they had. And she was sad how that guy was already on a fixed engagement.

I pat her on the back, reassuringly.

"Good to hear. Yours Zach?" I ask, changing the topic. Zachary's eyes lit up and he began talking about his summer playing quidditch with all his brothers. And it still didn't fail to surprise me how with all his siblings, Zach parents were unlucky enough to not have a single daughter in the family. Zach's mom is probably lonely, especially with all the boys surrounding the household with no speck of girl. Perhaps their family just weren't blessed with that.

We eventually found a compartment and chatted away. And Dahlia, somehow manage to find her way on our compartment. And we all rambled on about our summer. Which was spontaneous.