• twenty two •

I strolled around Diagon Alley with a smile on my face, a basket charmed with an Extendable spell where my school supplies in hand. Me and Asher had gone shopping, and my brother had went along to search for his girlfriend.

And we had drop Harry off Leaky Cauldron.

The minister was urgent to see him so I told the bespectacled boy that I'll help him shop later.

I look around brightly, and at the corners of my eyes, I saw a familiar figure standing in the distance. I completely turned and there I saw Cedric standing, beside a older woman who looks alike him, I assume to be his mother.

Our eyes met. My brown ones connected with his silver orbs.

He smiled and I swear my insides melted at that. I smiled back and waved. I saw him chuckled and wave back.

His mother suddenly turned around and search the crowd for the person her son is waving.

His mother's eyes light up when she saw me and waved enthusiastically. I giggled, whilst blushing shyly and waved back with the same energy.

Cedric blushed, looking embarrassed and turned his mom away, dragging the woman away. He shot me a last smile, his cheeks tinting pink, before I completely lost him from the crowd.

I chuckled at that.

Well, his mother seems nice.

I went back to the Leaky Cauldron with a smile, seemingly etched permanently on my face.

I walked inside and if possible my smile widened and my eyes brightened.

"Ron! Mione!" I yelled and the two quarreling people turned to me. Their face painted confusion before it lit up with the sight of me.

"Elaine!" they both exclaimed.

I ran towards them and engulfed them both in a group hug. We all laughed as we pulled away.

"How was your summer?" Hermione asked, as our laughs died down.

"It was great! By the way, Harry- What're you guys arguing about?" I asked as I notice them still side glaring each other.

"Ron, here, thinks Crookshanks was attacking his rat!" Hermione accused.

"He's not just a rat! He's Scabbers! And yes, that bloody hairy pig of hers is attacking Scabbers!" Ron accused.

"It's a cat, Ron. That's perfectly normal." I exclaimed and the ginger head freckled boy scoffed. Ron was about to retort when he caught sight of something from the stairs.

"Harry!" he exclaimed.

Our heads whipped towards the staircase and sure enough, Harry was descending down it with a smile.

Hermione jumped on his arms and hugged him, whilst the spectacled boy chuckled. Ron came up to his best friend and gave him a side hug.

"Harry, what did Fudge want?" I asked, coming up to him.

"I precisely don't know, he bought me my school supplies, though." he shrugged with a grin.

"Well, that's unsually.... kind of him." I muttered, but a happy looking Molly cut in the conversation.

"Harry! Elaine, dear! You're here! We heard the minister was here for you, Harry dear. Did you go see him?" Molly asked kindly, placing a hand on each of our shoulders.

"Done, Mrs. Weasley." Harry smiled and the Weasley mother pinch his cheek.

"Good? Is your trunk ready?"

"Yes, it's ready."

"Books? Clothes?"

"Done."

"Good." Molly place a motherly kissed on his forehead and head away. Hermione and Ron led us to the table. I sat beside Hermione, across the boys who engaged themselves in a conversation, a newspaper paper sprawled in front of the table.

I tried to cooing Crookshanks but the ginger cat paid no mind and had only hissed at me.

"Well, that's rude." I said bitterly as I leaned back and Hermione let out a chuckle.

"I don't think she's very fond of you, Elaine. But it's quite understandable, Crookshanks doesn't like being touched, I don't think she even likes me yet." Hermione admitted.

"I'm not very good with animals, really." I exclaimed.

"So, what did you do all summer?" Hermione asked, sitting up straight.

"The basic, just hung around, bake some cookies, watch quidditch matches. Pretty much all that." I shrugged, taking a sip from the cup of water on the table.

"A little birdie told me, you've met a tall handsome Hufflepuff these past months." Hermione grinned, and I choke on my water.

Hermione laughed as I gurgled it inside, swallowing hard. My heart beating thousand time per second. My eyes went wide as I look at Hermione, in surprised.

Alright! Who in the Merlin's name told her!?

"W- What...?" I questioned, in a voice very low.

"That little birdie was me." the muggleborn pointed at herself and I furrowed my brows, confused.

Hermione sees my arch eyebrows, and she rolled her eyes. "I brought my parents to Diagon Alley so that we could browse some wizarding books, then went for ice creams and I coincidentally see you with him."

My mouth shaped an 'oh' as I puzzle the pieces together.

"So, what's the catch?" Hermione asked with a teasing grin, and I avoided her eyes, taking another swing of water.

"Nothing! Nothings... going on." I coughed and she narrowed her eyes, raising eyebrows.

"Yeah, I don't believe you." she muttered and I sigh, a flush expression went through my face.

"We're just... hanging out. As friends..." I practically murmured, and she slit her eyes even smaller in suspicion.

"Drop it, Mione." I sighed and she shrug.

"I'm not believing you, but on the other hand, I wouldn't blame you for fancying him, he's hot."

"Mione!"

My face had turned red, that it seemed like it heated up like a boiling cauldron. Hermione laughed at my expression and Ron look at her like she'd gone mad. And even Harry who was talking to Mr. Weasley on the corner of the room, turned to look at the muggleborn witch like she'd just blown her head.

-

a/n~

Y'all, this story will took a turn in the future (and sooner if my updates are fast <sorry>), and I will make some changes once the plot is revealed!!!

Love lots,

pearlyy xx