Yellow lamps and Lazy lights

"It's been so long since we have done something new," said Alec.

"True. We met. We dated. We got engaged. We married. And tomorrow is our 5th anniversary." Magnus thought out loud. 

"Let's do something new." Alec snuggled closer to Magnus on the couch, under the blanket. The TV played a melodramatic series which neither of them was paying attention to.

"What do you suggest?"

The lady on the TV handed over the phone to a young girl, most likely her daughter. An expression of horror plastered her face. "What is it?" said the person on the other line. The mother was acting something out to her daughter to explain something, Alec didn't pay further attention. 

"How about we get married again?" suggested Alec.

"No!" shouted the daughter throwing away the cellphone," I said stop!"

Both Alec and Magnus turned their head sharply towards the TV. The mother was groping her daughter. Alec thought it was disgusting. After a few moments, he understood what was happening. The mother was recollecting a story of how a murder had happened. And when she went to interrogate the person, he had groped her the way she just did to her daughter. Her intentions were just to demonstrate the incident. And when the girl said no, that she doesn't what to know anymore, the mother didn't stop but continued. And hence, the outburst. 

Magnus turned off the TV and turned to Alec," That was awful,"

"Yeah"

"Would you do the same if I touched you?"

"No," said  Alec," But if I don't feel comfortable and say no yet you continue to touch me then I'll probably punch you in the face."

Magnus was quiet for a while and he smiled. "That's why I love you. Also, I'd never do anything if that makes you uncomfortable"

"Neither would I, but if I did, feel free to punch me in the face"

"Nah, I'd spare that beautiful face, I'd probably slap you."

And then they both laughed and feel quiet.

"So what do you think?"  asked Alec, his eyes closed with a faint smile across his face.

"I think it's a wonderful idea,"

"But let's just keep it to ourselves."

"Just you and I. Lazily in our living room?"

"Are you saying that I could wear my jammies and sway with you in our living room and relive the moment we got married ?"

"If that's what you want, darling."

"That's what I want,"

"Then, that's what I want, too," and then Magnus got up and dragged Alec to their bedroom. It was a long day at work for both of them since they were planning on taking the next day off. So, they both instantly fell asleep in the arms of the man they loved where they felt safe and at home.

****

They had decided to spend the next day planning for everything. Magnus took over food and beverages and Alec took over decorations. This was going to be so much fun. Magnus couldn't help but grin all day long. When he entered the loft in the evening, The lights were turned off save the yellow, warm light-emitting lamps and the small scented candles Alec had lit. The furniture was pushed up the walls and the whole room was clear. And near the far end of the room sat Alec on the piano bench, wearing his black joggers and the Blink If You Want Me shirt.