It looked like he was holding a pillow against himself with one hand, whereas the other laid on top of the pillow in front of his face.

Although his eyes were closed, his free hand and the odd, almost irritated twitch in his brows immediately gave off the fact that he wasn't asleep.

The fingers on his hand slowly clenched and unclenched, his claws making a short appearance before being retracted.

He'd do that a couple times, create a small wave motion with his fingers, and then start again.

I just watched for a moment, trying to figure out the phenomena of how the hell his nails would elongate and sharpen from seemingly nothing, just to retract and look like mine.

I've seen him do this before, and I could only compare it to being like a stress ball to humans.

A nervous habit of sorts.

Welp, hope he gets over it soon, 'cuz it's my turn to be annoying now.

Setting my hands on the edge of the bed, I lifted my knee up and onto the pillow he was holding before hoisting myself up.

His eyes opened wide straight away, his fingers stopping their movement as I horizontally crawled over him.

He stared at me with confusion, most likely trying to figure out where I was going with this.

From there I practically rolled myself over him, landing face-up on top of the blanket a few feet away with a quiet 'oomf'.

A full-body stretch came almost on instinct as I felt myself sink into the mattress.

I didn't come up here often, but every time I did, I forgot how this bed swallows me in the most perfect way imaginable.

It sometimes made me want to accept the offer to sleep up here Xander gave me a while ago.

The bed was stupidly huge, and since he always stayed to one side, there's be no worry of us ending up in each other's space.

It was comfortable, but not in a 'safe' sort of way.

In the cage, I had metal bars on every side of me. I was protected from all sides at all times.

The bed was great, but a little too out-in-the-open for my liking.

My stretch ended with a blissful exhale, my hands intertwining behind my head before I turned it.

Xander had moved just enough to watch me, his upper body being pushed up and supported by his elbow as he cautiously looked me over.

I guess me being pacific called for a raise in caution.

Actually... that was fair.

I wasn't like this that often, so he better appreciate it while it's here.

"What do you want for dinner? I'll order." I stated casually.

He looked confused for a moment before checking the window.

It seemed he didn't realize how long he'd been here and that the sun had set nearly an hour ago.

And that I was starving.

"Oh," He spoke before tossing away the blanket.

He managed to roll himself over while still keeping the same distance away from me that I had set.

"Sorry, I uh- didn't realize how late it was. If you were hungry you could have just-"

"I know," I cut off his guilty rambling.

I was trying to lighten the mood as somewhat of a thanks for what he did, and that guilt wasn't going to help, "and I was going to but figured that I'd be nice and ask if you wanted anything first. Y'know after your long and harrowing day of laying here and doing absolutely nothing." I spoke semi-seriously.

Luckily he picked up on the other half, his brows relaxing and a very faint smile following.

"Nah I'm good, thank you though." He replied.

Bullshit.

I know for a fact he hasn't eaten since this morning.

Bringing up a knee, I crossed my other leg over it.

"You sure? No blood or anything?"

I didn't miss the intentionally not-so-subtle glance to my neck.

"You offering?" he asked with a smolder.

There we go.

I scoffed, quickly extending my arm and placing the pads of my fingers against his cheek, pushing it to force him to look the other way.

I could handle a small touch like this knowing that I was in control.

That and knowing how much he thrived off of this sort of thing.

I'll call it a reward for coming to his sences for once.

He finally responded with that playful laughter before I took my hand back.

"You wish," I responded.

His eyes were brighter when he turned back, any remnants of that weird look he had prior now nowhere to be seen.

"Yeah, yeah," He teased before finally making a move to get up, "It was worth a shot."

He faced the bed before pushing himself up, ending up on his knees before raising his arms and yawning within a stretch of his own.

Such a cat-like yawn with those fangs.

His hands both ran themselves through the disaster that was his hair before he just shook it out and sat on his knees.

"You know now that I think about it I am kind of hungry." He admitted like the realization just now presented itself.

I just blinked at him.

When have I ever been wrong?

Never. Literally never.

"You don't say," I responded flatly, earning another small chuckle before he stepped off of the bed.

"You look comfortable, so I'll order. What do you want?" That grin of his stayed.

Such a quick change in disposition.

Something I was used to seeing the other way around.

How he'd go from something to close to this, to what he was just minutes before whenever she showed up.

How he didn't notice it was beyond me.

Or... Maybe he did.

I forced the thought out of my head, not wanting to focus on that right now.

"Just get two of whatever you want. Surprise me."