II

It’s been a month.

Marionette walks, a lifeless husk of herself. The ghost of the girl lingered in the orphanage, staining the memories with tears. Light footsteps filled the corridor as she stepped onto the hardwood floor.

She steps out into the courtyard, her shoes clacking against the stone path. A dandelion garden came into view. The memories of her and Claudia dancing around filled her mind like a dark shadow in a lit room.

Her surroundings changed as she went back to the past, losing the present.

--

Dandelions flowed through the wind, landing on the blond little girl's hair. Marionette watched as the girl laughed and giggled, taking it out of her golden locks and giving it to the young caretaker.

The caretaker in question looked at the dandelion and smiled, taking it out of the girl's hands. She took it and asked the girl, 'Do you know what they say about dandelions?'

The girl shook her head, intrigued. Marionette took the dandelion and blew on it, and told the girl a story of how you need to let the pieces of you go and fly to truly be free.

Claudia picked up a small dandelion and gently blew on it, letting its small petals fill the wind.

--

The memory faded as fast as it came. Marionette remembered it like it was yesterday. The innocent smile of her.

She wished it stayed.

Marionette walked away from the courtyard, unable to stay longer. She composed herself and wiped away the tears she didn't know was there.

She walked away, leaving the dandelions behind.

-=+=-

a/n: thanks for reading and have a good day <3