7: Hanako

Tsukasa dove for his brother and clawed at Amane's arm.

"Hanako-kun!" Nene said out of reflex. The ex-ghost was fast, but not fast enough.

Tsukasa raked his fingers down Amane's arm as the boy dodged. Tsukasa ripped Amane's sleeve, exposing his scar.

If only I had my knife!

But the bladed weapon had disappeared when he became human. Now, all Amane had to fight with were his own fists.

Amane swung at Tsukasa. He landed a few gentle hits on his shoulder-- he doesn't want to hurt his brother, after all.

Tsukasa didn't feel the same way.

Now that his sleeve was out of the way, Tsukasa had no problem running his fingers along Amane's scar.

The boy crumpled, screaming. Tsukasa hurried back to Kako as Nene raced over.

"A-amane?" She asked, desperate for him to be alright. Amane was bent over, forehead almost touching the floor.

Then, slowly, he sat up. Nene noticed that he was no longer completely solid.

And cupped in his grip was a long, silver blade.

Hanako stared at it in dismay.

Nene knelt next to him. "A-are you okay?"

Hanako didn't look at her. Instead, he glared at his surroundings, searching for his brother and No. 1. They had disappeared.

He looked over at Nene. Hanako was crying.

"I . . . I just wanted to stay Amane. I wanted to go to school. I wanted to eat lunch. I wanted to hang out with Aoi, and Akane, and everything else. I wanted to-- to be rid of Hanako! To be done with this! To destroy that part of me, to remove it. To shed it, and discard it, and never look back. I wanted to be Amane." He kept crying, his hair sticking to his face. "I wanted . . . I want to be with you, Yashiro."

Nene starred in shock at the ghost.

After a long pause, she spoke.

"Why do you have to be Amane to do that?" She took his hand. "I . . ." She blushed but held his gaze. "I love you, Hanako. And I love you as Amane, too, but I love you as Hanako more."

The ghost starred back. "Yashiro . . ."

He slowly moved his hand up her arm and to her face.

Caressing her cheek, Hanako smiled sweetly.

"I love you too, Yashiro."

He pulled her into a kiss.

A/N:

Me: *sobs* Hanako and Nene, why are you guys so cute!?

Nene: W-we're not!

Hanako: *hugs Nene* That's not true and you know it. ;P

This is it, my little shippers! The end of the story! I hope you enjoyed Hanako's monologue-not-monologue.

Thank you for reading, voting, and leaving all types of hilarious comments. 

This has been an amazing journey, and see you soon!

~~ Author-chan ~~