5: Class

When Amane and Nene arrived at their first class, they realized that they were still holding hands. They blushed as the class stared at them.

"Yashiro-san, I'm glad that you are getting, er, close with our newest student, but that doesn't mean you can be late." The teacher told them.

"I'm sorry I made Nene-chan late," Amane said, smiling. "She was showing me around the school a little bit."

Nene-chan? Maybe calling me 'Yashiro' would look weird . . .

Nene could tell that Amane was trying to be as charming as possible. The teacher smiled.

"Well, of course! You can sit next to Yashiro-san." The teacher gestured to two different seats, and Amane and Nene sat down. The teacher turned back to their lesson.

"All we have to do is get through two classes, then lunch, and then two more classes, and then we can go to the roof and change you back!" Nene whispered.

"Change me back . . ." Amane mumbled. "And remember-- you're not coming!"

And that was how the rest of their classes went. Nene telling Amane that she was coming, and Amane turning her down.

During lunch, Nene took a break from pleading and joked with Amane instead. They ate with Aoi and Akane, much to Akane's surprise. Nene had quietly explained what had happened to him. Akane didn't mind, so long as his dear Aoi didn't sit next to the "slimy, perverted brat".

"Of course!" Nene laughed at something Aoi had said. Amane smiled.

I wish we could stay like this forever . . .

Something occurred to him.

Why can't we?

An idea began forming in his mind.

~~_~~

The final bell rang, and students began packing up for the day. Amane and Nene headed to Tsuchigomori's classroom.

"Why do we need to talk to him?" Nene asked as Amane took her hand and pulled her into the office.

"No. 5?" he asked. Tsuchigomori sat in his office chair. He was grading papers.

"You've decided what to do." It wasn't a question. Amane nodded.

"Yeah. And I need your help to convince Yashiro not to go." Nene pulled her hand away.

"I'm going! That's my choice, not yours!" She practically shouted at him. Amane sighed.

"No. 5, you're on my side for this, right?"

"Alright, leave her here." Amane nodded and hurried out of the office. Nene moved to follow. "Yashiro-san?"

She glanced back at the teacher. "Yeah?"

"You do know why he doesn't want you to go, correct?" The teacher asked. Nene nodded.

"He doesn't want me to get hurt," Nene said. Tsuchigomori laughed.

"No. Well, that's part of it. It's just that he knows that Tsukasa and Kako will use you as a bargaining chip." Nene frowned.

"Huh?"

"What I'm saying is that if Tsukasa and No. 1 got their hands on you, if they could control you . . . they could control No. 7."

A/N:

*gasps* Someone could control Hanako/Amane/No. 7?!?

I'll try to post part 6 soon-- I'm almost done with it! :)

Also, if someone wants to name the teacher, then I'll go back in and use a suggested name.

Stay safe and healthy!

~~ Author-chan ~~