4: Broadcast

"Tsukasa?!?" 

The boy grinned. "Hi, Amane's assistant!"

"You forgot her name, didn't you?" Sakura asks. Tsukasa sighs.

"Her name is Nene. I knooooow, don't worry." He turned back to Nene. "So! How's Amane?"

"A-are you a-alive?" Nene squeaked, stunned. Tsukasa cocked his head.

"Yep! Does that mean Amane's alive too?" Nene nodded. "Good! Kako's plan worked!"

"K-k-kako's plan?" Nene stammered. "What does--"

"Just tell Amane to meet me on the roof tonight at sunset!" Nene quickly nodded. The roof?

"O-okay--"

"Goodbye!" Natushiko hurried Nene out the door. It locked behind her.

Nene ran to find Amane.

~~_~~

"So what do you think?" Amane asked, pulling his sleeve back down to cover the scar.

"You're sure that wasn't there before?" Tsuchigomori clarified. The two stood in his office.

"Yes, I'm sure it's new. And I'm sure it's slowly disappearing, too. Yesterday it went from my wrist to my collar bone, but today it's from my shoulder to my elbow." Amane cocked his head. "So? What is it?"

"I'm . . . not certain. I have a theory, but I don't think it's correct." Tsuchigomori frowned. "Have you shown this to Yashiro-san?"

Amane laughed. "She's the one who found it, actually." The teacher raised an eyebrow. "She tried to make me strip." He laughed again.

Nene raced into the office. "A-amane-kun--"

"I thought I told you to call me Amane?" The ex-ghost asked. Nene nodded.

"Amane, Tsukasa told me--" Amane was right next to her in a fraction of a second.

"You saw Tsukasa? Where? Why? Did he hurt you? Did you go to him or did he--"

"Amane, let the girl explain for herself," Tsuchigomori nodded for Nene to continue.

"O-okay. So I went with Aoi, and she took me to the Broadcasting Room. And Tsukasa was there. A-and he was solid too. He said to tell you to g-go to the roof at sunset tonight. T-tsukasa wants to meet you there." Nene paused. Amane was quiet for a minute, attempting to take in all the information.

"I have to go." Amane hurried towards the door.

"Wait! It's not sunset yet!" Nene caught his hand and pulled him to a stop.

"B-but still . . ." Amane looked back. Nene was . . . concerned?

"We still have to go to class." Amane nodded. "And when you go to the roof, I want to come w-with you!" Amane shook his head rapidly.

"No, it's not safe--"

"You're just as human as me now--"

"--so you should stay here--"

"--and you're going to be in just as much--"

"--and Tsuchigomori will protect you--"

"--danger as I would be--"

"YOU'RE NOT COMING!" Amane shouted. "YOU'RE NOT COMING BECAUSE YOU . . ." He crumpled to the ground. Nene knelt next to him. He took her hands in his. "You can't get hurt. I couldn't forgive myself if you . . ." He paused.

"Amane--"

"Come on, we have to get to class." Amane released one of her hands and pulled her out of the office.

"Hmm," Tsuchigomori said aloud, after the two left. "I wonder . . ."

A/N:

Aww, they argue like a married couple!

Hopefully, you learned something about Amane's scar. It's new, and he doesn't remember where it came from, but Tsuchigomori has a theory. Maybe we'll get to hear it soon!

Stay safe, healthy, and wear a mask!

~~ Author-chan ~~