Chapter 10

Mia’s POV

“Yes Em, I’m fine, I’ve just finished my shift. Siva and the boys are lovely, no I don’t mind that you moved out for a bit, it’s okay, they think I live on my own, you’re welcome back at any time, don’t worry about me, I’m safe, love you, bye!” I ended the call to my best friend, and ex flatmate, Emily. As lovely as she was, she was very patronising. I remember when I saw Nathan saying to him that I had to be home, because my flatmate didn’t like me being out too late, which is true, she gets really wary about me for some reason. Even more so now The Stealer’s out and about. Emily moved out two days after I met Nathan, because she got a good job opportunity on the other side of London. She felt terrible about moving out, but I kind of like having the space. 

I collapsed onto the cream sofa, glancing at the clock, it was just gone 7, I’d finished earlier than usual! I took my hair out of it’s tight bun, letting the waves cascade down my back, I slipped off my black patent heels, before checking my texts. I had three. Two were from Jay, and one was from Emily, asking if I could phone her. Well, she had already phoned me so that didn’t matter anymore. I looked at Jay’s, they said:

“Mia, you sure you’re alright getting home. We were serious about not being alone, even you. Make sure you’re on the phone to someone, I can come and pick me up if you tell me where Jamie’s restaurant is? Please I’m worried! X”

“Mia sorry again, but text me when you’re home please x”

Aw, how cute was Jay? I had better text him back. I pondered for a moment, before sending “I’m home safe and sound bird, no need to worry! Call you later (: x”

Half an hour later, I was just watching a re-run of an old “Friends” episode, when my mobile rung. Looking at the caller ID, it was Jay.

“Hey bird, sup?” I said in a weird voice.

All I heard was sobs coming from the other end. Aw shit what did I say?

“Hey, Jay, what’s up oh no, Jay?” I asked, starting to  panic a little bit.

“It’s, it’s, it’s, Na-Nare-Nareesha.” He stuttered.

“What about Nareesha?” I asked, not sure if I actually wanted an answer. 

“She’s gone missing!” He wailed down the phone. I gasped. “No?!” I shouted

“Yes, she went missing The Stealer’s got her he-” Jay began, before I interrupted him. “Where are you?” 

“I’m at Seev’s with Kels and Jayne, Max just phoned me from the police station, apparently Siva wont move from the bathroom floor!” He was still crying. 

“I’ll be round as soon as possible Jay, see you soon, bye!” I quickly ended the call, and ran out into my hallway. I shoved on my red warm jacket over my work clothes, a white shirt, a black  floaty skirt, and black opaque tights, and put on the nearest pair of shoes, simple black pumps. Grabbing my cream woollen scarf, I headed out the door. Instead of getting the bus, or a taxi, like I usually have to do, I decided just to run.I didn't have time to wait on public transport. I used to do cross country a lot when I was at school,, so it should hopefully only take me ten to fifteen minutes to get to Siva’s. 

Sure enough, ten minutes later I was knocking on Siva’s front door. Jay answered within a few seconds of me knocking. “Come through Mia.” He said comfortingly. I wandered through into the living room, where Kelsey was silently crying her eyes out. I went over to her, and just pulled her into a warm hug. Suddenly, I couldn’t hold it together anymore, and I broke down next to her. It was true, what The Stealer said. He was coming to get us and there was nothing we could do. He was going to get us all, and he’s just proven what will happen if we go to the police. It’s awful. What have we done to him for him to prey on us? 

“Tea, uh, anyone?” I looked up and it was Jayne. She also looked distraught. I gratefully took a cup, and handed one to Kelsey, and the other to Jay, who was now also comforting us. 

“This has got to stop. I can’t have people abducting the members of my boy band, never mind their girlfriends too! It’s horrible, we need to go to the police, or get them to come here, anything!” Jayne burst out. “He-he’ll kill us though Jayne. He meant what he said!” Jay cried. “We have got to do something though Jay, otherwise we’ll never get Nath or Nareesha back.” I said  reasonably. “W-we need t-to f-i-ind them!” Kelsey whimpered. “I know Kels, we will.” I tried to reassure her, but to be honest, I didn’t really believe the words that were coming out my mouth. We were at a dead end, we had nowhere to even begin looking! But we needed to do something. I don’t know what, just take some form of action. 

Then a phone started to ring. Jayne reached for her pocket, taking it out, murmuring an apology, before leaving the room. None of us uttered a word while she was gone. We were too cheerless to even speak, especially Kelsey. Her and Nareesha had a special bond, it must be so hard for her right now. Jayne came traipsing back into the room. 

“Long story cut short, my mum, who is very old, is ill, and has been taken to hospital. That was my brother on the line, they want me there, and it’s a two hour drive from London. It kills me to leave you at this time, but my mother needs me. They don’t reckon she has long left. Two weeks, tops.” Jayne’s voice broke at the end of her speech. “If you really think you need me though, then I’ll stay, I really don’t want to leave you.” She continued. “Jayne, Jayne don’t worry, we’ll be fine. You go be with your mum, you need to.” Jay said, patting her comfortingly on the back. “I’ll phone regularly, and if anything happens I will be straight back, I promise.” “Jayne, please don’t worry.” Jay continued. “When do you leave?” “I should probably leave to pack in an hour.” She replied.

* * * * *

Siva’s POV

“Seev, c’mon we really need to get home, you can’t lie here forever.” I could faintly hear a voice, I think it was Max’s. Then again, I was lying on the cold, hard, ground of a ladies bathroom, hugging my girlfriend’s bag for comfort, with my eyes shut, just wanting the pain to go away. “Seev Jayne’s just off the phone, her mum’s really ill and she needs to go to see her, final words and all that, and Tom and I really want to see her before she leaves.” Max continued. “I know it hurts mate” It was Tom now, I think, “But it will ease up, I promise, we’ll do something, we’ll find her, and Nath, I promise Siva please.” Tom was begging now.

I managed to use up every last ounce of strength in my body to pull myself to my feet, and I let my two band mates help me out of the bathroom, I felt lifeless. I might as well be dead.

“We’re doing all we can do guys, we’ve got a list of people missing from The Stealer, who haven’t been found, body or no body, but I promise we’ll do everything we can not to let her die. We’ll keep you updated.” The policeman said, as we passed him on our way out. Tom muttered thanks, as we headed out. 

The ride home was a blur, and soon, I was being helped into my flat. I vaguely remember saying goodbye to Jayne, her leaving, Kelsey and Jay trying to comfort me, Max and Tom explaining everything, and I just remember collapsing into Mia’s arms, hoping that would make the aching sting of losing one of the people closest to me, go away.