Chapter 12

Life in Vibe City was fun.

Atalanta learned how to play their guitars and dances to their music. Prince D was very welcoming to her and showed her around the entire city.

Months had passed, Atalanta stayed with the royal family.

Her knowledge grew as time went by and she began finishing up her studies on the funk trolls. As the year was coming to a close, Atalanta was trying to come up with the song to sing that would bring her learning to an end. Going through all sorts of records and playlists, it seemed that she would never be able to find any song that would work. Then, Prince D walked into the record room.

"Watcha doin A?"

" Trying to find a song that would be amazing enough to end the year, but it seems like there isn't any song that will fit me." She glumly told him, slouching down on the floor.

" Oh come on A, anyone can sing anything that they want, you just have to look." He walked over to more of the records skimming through the rows and rows of discs.

Finally after only a couple minutes of skimming, he found one, turning around with it in his hands.

" This one is perfect!"

Atalanta got up and floated over to the other troll, taking the disc into her own hands, looking over the cover. Her face lit up after reading the title, hugging Prince D and flying out of the records room.

For the next few weeks she practiced her guitar, making sure every cord of the song was perfect. Near the concert date she set up the stage with low lights and fun colors.

She only asked for a few back up singers and instrumentalists. Playing a lot of the song on her own.

Atlanta practiced for weeks on this song, spending a lot of her free time rehearsing. Though she would still make time to hang out with her funk troll friends that she had made while being there.

Even while there and learning funk, Atlanta was still looking over the other tribes and reading up on her next stop, country. They lived in the middle of the desert, she could tell it wouldn't be easy.

Finally the time had come for her to perform her end of stay concert. All the trolls from Vibe city gathered around the large circle stage, chatting with each other while waiting for the show to start. Backstage, Atlanta was speaking with Prince D.

"Ugh- do you really think that this sounds right? Everything I went over it sounded a bit off..."

"It sounds fine A!" Prince D assured her. "Now you gotta prepare to go out on stage!"

Atalantas face grew a worried look, glancing out to see all of Vibe city there.

"Ok- let's do this!" She tried to reassure herself.

With her hair and makeup finished, all dressed in her funk clothes, Atalanta floated out to the stage.

The crowd cheered as she came on.

Blinding Lights by The Weeknd

"Yeah

I've been tryin' to call
I've been on my own for long enough
Maybe you can show me how to love, maybe"

She started, the words seeming to roll off her tongue, she was even surprised.

"I'm going through withdrawals
You don't even have to do too much
You can turn me on with just a touch, baby"

Continuing, her voice deep, trying to reach the right notes.

"I look around and
Sin City's cold and empty (oh)
No one's around to judge me (oh)
I can't see clearly when you're gone"

She finally started to get into the song, putting more performance into it.

"And I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch
I said, ooh, I'm drowning in the night
Oh, when I'm like this, you're the one I trust
(Hey, hey, hey)"

The musicians playing their instruments, along with Atalanta and her own guitar, the crowd was crazy. They were loving the concert already.

"I'm running out of time
'Cause I can see the sun light up the sky
So I hit the road in overdrive, baby, oh"

"The city's cold and empty (oh)
No one's around to judge me (oh)
I can't see clearly when you're gone

And I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch
I said, ooh, I'm drowning in the night
Oh, when I'm like this, you're the one I trust"

"I'm just walking by to let you know (by to let you know)
I could never say it on the phone (say it on the phone)
Will never let you go this time (ooh)

I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch
(Hey, hey, hey)

I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch"

The music faded out, Atalanta floated in front of the crowd, tired. A smile creeped onto her face, proud of her performance.

She rushed over to Prince D giving him a hug.

"Thank you" She told him.

"Of course, A" Prince D responded.

After partying for a few more hours, they went back to the palace for the night. Atlanta had to prepare for the Country tribe, leaving the next day.

She's got another journey ahead.