But I knew why no one thought of this. Because why would you look at the problems of the future when you are already dealing with so many problems in the present, right? 

And at that moment, my problem existed out of trying to find a new camping place in Virginia while Blaze in the backseat was looking like she was about to throw up. 

It had been a few days since Blaze had gotten sick. We suspected that it was caused by food poisoning from a can of beans that only she ate. Whatever it was, it made her feel horrible and also unable to focus on her talent, which could be dangerous. Sometimes, she wasn’t able to use it, but other times, she accidentally set things on fire. So far, I had lost a shoe and a t-shirt. It had been a while since she first felt sick, but she still felt horrible, and though she was distracted by Raiden’s story, she still looked nauseous. 

“Stop the car,” Blaze suddenly said with a trembling voice. Raiden pulled over and Blaze immediately opened the door after which she quickly put a few steps away. That’s when she bent over and threw up.

I already opened the door when she put her hand up towards me to let me know that it wasn’t necessary. Closing it again, I sighed and started to bite my nails. At this rate, we were gonna have to spend the night in the car or try to find a new camping site in the dark. 

Raiden, who I saw looking at me from the corner of my eye, grabbed my hand and wrapped his around it. “She’s gonna be fine. It’s probably gone in a few days.”

I gave him a look of appreciation. “I know. It’s just… I don’t know.”

“You can’t protect her from everything. You try, but you can’t. Of course it’s stupid that she has food poisoning, but that’s gonna be over soon."

I knew he was right, but it was still annoying me. As a big sister – definitely after everything we've been through – I just wanted to help Blaze as much as possible. And though it wasn’t my fault that Blaze got food poisoning, that didn’t make seeing her sick any better. 

Blaze at that moment entered the car again and took a few sips from the water bottle that I gave her. She quickly got rid of the disgusting flavor in her mouth and gave it back. Determined not to talk about it, she pointed at our intertwined hands. “I know you haven’t made anything official or anything, but can we just clear this up? You have been twirling around each other the last few weeks, yet no one ever said anything about it yet.”

My cheeks turned red, but Raiden just laughed at it. He started the car again – which he was getting pretty good at using – and our car drive continued.

Blaze was right and I knew she was just trying to play matchmaker, but it made me feel a little uneasy.

“No, I’m serious. I want to know what the deal is. It’s pretty obvious you both like each other, right?” Blaze continued when she realized we weren’t gonna answer her.

“I have said it before, remember?” Raiden said with a grin on his face.

“Ah yes,” Blaze responded “you did. So now it all comes down to Morgan, doesn’t it?”

I laughingly shook my head while looking out the window. The forest we were driving through made place for another landscape. At our left, there was still a forest, but the right side was completely open and allowed the light to come through. I squinted my eyes from the sudden sun.