American Music Awards

Start from the beginning

Eventually we make it inside, they let a row in of people at a time and at least half an hour has passed and everyone is finally sitting down. I'm sitting between Jon and Richie with the rest of the band sitting next to Richie with their girlfriends and wives. After another lengthy wait, the show finally started with a couple of performances and a few speeches which we all clapped an yawned our way through. We flew by the first few categories which are of no particular interest to us. Then suddenly the category of rock an pop was announced. The first two awards thankfully weren't the ones the band has been nominated for but still the suspense grew. The third award is for favourite pop and rock female so the guys had to go up and present the award which naturally they loved every minute of. Before they announced the nominees Jon shouted into the mic "I wanna take a minute to show off my new clothes" He walked off so that the audience could see his outfit, spinning and twirling followed by the rest of the band who joined in, making me burst out into giggles. "The winner is Whitney........Whitney's here...." A wave of applause echoed through the room at the announcement of the winner. Whitney came hopping on like a rabbit and retrieved the award from Jon followed by a quick peck on the cheek. Jon almost went the completely wrong way off the stage but thankfully the woman quickly ushered them the right way and before I know it they are all back in their seats.  

The next award is for favourite pop and rock song which the band has been nominated for so naturally they were all on edge. Jon quickly grasped onto my hand as his nerves sky rocketed through the roof. "And the winner is......Whitney.." A deep sigh burst from Jon's lips. We all clapped at the announcement of the winner, I'm honestly not surprised she won again. The next award is for favourite pop and rock album, the second award they have been nominated for. "And the winner is...... Paul simon- Graceland" He releases another sigh before clapping for the winner. 

Finally the last award they have been nominated for and he's gripping my hand so tight with nerves. Cher is presenting the award so she headed up to the stage with the envelope and a huge smile. She thanked the fans a few times before announcing the nominees, the suspense killing us. Jon had a hold of one of my hands while Richie had a hold of the other which certainly made me laugh inside. She opened the envelope at an achingly slow pace "And the winner is...." We all took in such a deep breath. 

"BON JOVI!!!!" Shouting out with a Cheshire cat grin. Jon and Richie jumped from their seats so fast, high fiving each other and whooping with excitement. Their joy bringing smiles to my face. He quickly leaned down to kiss me before they all trotted off to the stage, each of them hugging and kissing Cher. Jon made his way to the mic while Richie grabbed the award from Cher "This is so cool..." Richie exclaiming into the mic. "I think we have to give this award away...." Jon's words causing confusion to brew in my forehead, causing  brows to ruffle together. "We have to give this award to all the critics who said that Bon Jovi was a flash in the pan....That Bon Jovi was nothin.." Listening attentively to his serious words. He was serious for a whole minute before reverting to his jokester self "This is for the critics but if it's okay.....I'm gonna keep it at my house okay?" All five of them breaking off into laughter, their comment causing the audience to copy their laughter. Just before they exited the stage, Richie leaned in close to the mic "WE'D LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO ALL THE KIDS!!" Lifting up the award above his head. They all ran off the stage like a bunch of over excited teenagers.