Once they were alone, Scorpius did not know where to start. He debated whether he should start telling Dumbledore about Voldemort's plans first or maybe about his mission to kill him or about his time travelling accident. Words were threatening to spill out from him and he was afraid he wouldn't make any complete sense.

It didn't help that Dumbledore was looking straight at him, his eyes twinkling and amused. He shifted slightly on his desk and that was when Scorpius saw his blackened hand. 'So the ring had been destroyed,' he mused. Dumbledore seemed to sense where Scorpius' eyes were directed and instantly hid it under his sleeve.

"I know how that happened," Scorpius blurted out, jutting his chin at his concealed blackened hand.

The Headmaster looked a little surprised with his words and calmly smiled. "Interesting words, Mister Malfoy," he said. He then gestured at the seat opposite him with his unmarred hand and waited until Scorpius was settled down. He then grabbed a bowl of sweets – acid pops – and offered it to Scorpius. "Would you care for some acid pops? I'm terribly fond of these sweets."

Scorpius politely shook his head. "I... Professor Dumbledore... I have something to tell you," he stuttered out.

Dumbledore placed the bowl back in its previous place and gently smiled. "I assume you do," he said. "What plagues your mind, Scorpius?"

"I... I'm not from here," he said, finally deciding to start on the weirdest part of his story. When Dumbledore merely quirked an interested eyebrow with his words, he continued, "You see, it all started when I tried to use a Time-Turner."

The old man tutted. "Tampering with time is a foolish thing to do, young man," he admonished.

Scorpius grinned, despite his tumultuous thoughts. "Your portrait told me exactly the same thing, professor."

"Portrait?"

The Slytherin fidgeted and nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "You see, sir, I'm from the future," he explained. He waited for any reply from Dumbledore but the old wizard merely calmly stared back at him. "Twenty-seven years from now, to be exact."

"That is a long way from home, Mister Malfoy," he commented, his eyes twinkling brighter if it were more possible. "I assume you did not merely use a Time-Turner to have more classes during that year?"

Scorpius solemnly shook his head. If only that were the case, then things would be better. "No, sir, no," he replied. "I... my being here wasn't exactly an accident."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, I really did intend to go back into time, to this year, to save my father from his future." Scorpius ran a frustrated hand through his impeccable hair, still trying to make sense of what happened with him.

"Lucius?" Dumbledore asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"No, sir, Draco Malfoy," he corrected.

A small frown bloomed on the wizened man's face. "Draco Malfoy?" he echoed. "I'm afraid I haven't heard of that name yet. If you said you were twenty-seven years from the future, then I should have at least had the pleasure of teaching your father in this school."

"That was what I was afraid of," Scorpius said, grimacing. Now that even Professor Dumbledore confirmed that no Draco Malfoy existed in this timeline, then his suspicions and fears were finally realised. "Everything is... so complicated. There really was a Draco Malfoy during this time. He should have been in sixth year, too. But when I used the Time-Turner, or what was left of it really, I found myself replacing my father instead."