Chapter 1

Athena's P.O.V.

Hi, I'm Athena. Guess you already knew that, huh? I'm Elena Gilbert's younger twin. Not identical though, I couldn't deal with that constant pain.

People call me the screwed up Gilbert, or the mysterious Gilbert. That's because no one knows what I sound like, or look like. They know nothing about me.

I wear dark colors because I like it, but people think I'm depressed. In reality, I'm over it. Everyone is fake, liars, and scumbags. Those who aren't are okay, I guess.

People think the Gilbert's are a perfect family, living happily in their cozy 2 story house. Well, they're wrong. My mother and father beat me from the age of 4 to 15. Finally I had enough. I had enough money to live nicely. I always worked harder for everything I have. When you live under my roof, nothing gets handed to you. You want something? Earn it.

My father always hated me the most. But my family didn't help. Elena would always say I did something, just so I'd get into trouble. Jeremy just ignored me and acted like I wasn't there. Mother dearest watched my father beat me. She laughed in my face. She always told me I was ugly, worthless, that I am nothing. Just dirt under people's shoe.

My father always used me for his 'tests'. That's how I got my scar. But that's for another time.

Whilst testing on me, he injected me with something. It changed everything.

1 Month before I moved out he injected a black liquid into my neck. It felt like hot tar was pumping through my veins. I screamed for what felt like hours. When it finally stopped, I felt different, powerful. He started writing down something in a folder, it was labeled 'Subject 01; The All Mighty Being'. I waited until everyone was asleep to sneak to the basement. I saw the folder, I slowly opened it, inside contained the reason that I am being tested on.

The liquid my father injected into me, turned me into a combo of all the supernatural creatures in existence. I was shocked. I knew I had to leave soon. There's no reason for me to stay in that house. I went back to my room and grabbed a suitcase, I put my clothes, the folder, and my important items in the suitcase.

I waited until my 15th birthday to leave. That night, I opened my window and threw my suitcase onto the grass, and hopped out of the window. I went to Caroline's house because she was my only friend. She let me stay for a couple days until I bought a place to live.

That's how I got my tree house, and 2 mansions. I can compel anything, but I work instead. I own Netflix, Amazon, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube and a lot more. I also run a daylight ring service, each ring cost 100k. (I don't actually own those businesses, just incase someone tries to sue me or something.) I'm the richest person in the world. I have earned enough money to last my future family decades/centuries. I got bored of Tesla so I sold it for 1 billion dollars.

That was 2 years ago, currently I'm getting ready for school, I could be in college right now but Care Bear wanted us to go through it together. Oh well.

I got in the shower, and went into my walk in closet to get dressed. I put on a Nervana shirt, black ripped jeans with fishnets underneath, black belt, a couple chains, yellow converse, and my mask.

I put my hair into a messy bun and walked out to my bike, Hades following close behind me, he's always been protective of me

I put my hair into a messy bun and walked out to my bike, Hades following close behind me, he's always been protective of me. I got on my bike, and headed towards school. Hades runs to school and meets me in the parking lot.

Once I pulled into school people were whispering about me, but I also noticed that a new name was floating around, Stefan Salvatore. He must be related to Zach. I walk to my locker when I smell something. I decide to walk towards the smell and stopped in front of the office. I saw someone I didn't recognize, 'must be the new kid', I thought. I knew he smelt me too. (Gosh, that sounds so weird.) I could tell he was my soul brother, but I wouldn't trust him right away. I'll act oblivious until I know I can trust him with my secrets. So right before he turned around I walked to my class with Hades, I knew that once my sister saw him, she'd sink her claws into him.

Class went on as usual, Care decided to drag me to the grill, then tried to drag me to sit with Elena and Bonnie. Nope. I saw Tyler by the pool table and went to hang with him. "Hey King." Tyler says, giving me a hug, once we pull away I nod curtly at him. Caroline, Jenna and Tyler are the only ones I trust so far, they know what I've been through, what I am, etc. I also told Ty that I sensed he was an non triggered werewolf. They were all okay with it, it took a minute to digest, but that's expected.

Ty was placing bets on the game, and was losing. Until I showed up. I used my powers to tell him what move to make in his head. He won, and ended up 200 bucks richer. Who bets that much on a game of pool? That's when I heard my name, "I'm so sad Athena couldn't join us. I would've loved for you to meet her, she is hanging out with Tyler because she doesn't like many people." Care said, that's why I like her, people say she's a bitch, I say she's blunt and honest. "She's just a mute freak." Elena rolls her eyes, I decide to walk up behind her, "King! Hi, come sit, I have extra fries to go for you." Care said, I silently thanked her and sat down, "King, this is Stefan Salvatore, Stefan this is Athena Gilbert." Care introduces us, "It's nice to meet you Athena." Stefan smiles, I nod and look at Care. You could tell he's thrown off by my actions, so Care stepped in, "She doesn't speak, she also doesn't trust almost anyone. She might warm up to you but it's rare." She says calm and slow. She doesn't want to have to beat her crushes ass, but she will if she has to. "I'm sorry, it really is nice to meet you." I nod and get up, grabbing my fries. I put my hand on Care's shoulder and motion towards the door, 'Will I see you at the house?' She nods and smiles, I nod and walk away. As I am saying bye to Ty and asking if he'll be staying over, I heard Stefan ask something, "Why does she wear that mask, if you don't mind me asking." Tyler notices I'm spaced out and knows I'm listening to something, "It's not my place to say, but it's for a reason." Care says, Bonnie scoffs, "Please, she's probably just covering her ugly mug." (Mug=Face) "Actually, she's probably more attractive than every girl in the school. Even me." Care defends, that made me smirk, though no one could see. I turn back to Ty, 'I'll see you tonight at home' I tell him, "Bye Thena, stay safe out there." He hugs me, and kisses my head.

I wonder what will happen next.

A/N: Hi people! Welcome to my new story, I hope you enjoy it! Unlike my other story, this will be updated randomly. If you have any recommendations let me know down below! Love you!<3