Prologue

Ash POV
"Come on Ash, are you really thinking of food on your big day?" Goh was basically yelling at me at that point.

"I know,.but I'm really nervous."

"Hey," he placed his hand on my shoulder. "It's alright to be nervous, but you two love each other enough to not let that get in the way right?"

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go." I walked over to the podium where Professor Kukui had agreed to officiate the wedding. I took my place and now all I had to do was wait. I was
starting to get nervous but then everyone stood up. I watched as Serena got slowly pushed down the aisle with assistance from her mom. She positioned herself in front of me and Kukui started to talk.

"Ash, do you have any words?" Kukui said, asking for my vows.

"Serena… I once asked if time Heals All Wounds. The truth is it can. And you helped me see that. I once gave you my heart and I thought it was all over, but you showed me that giving your heart to someone isn't the end. You showed me that you don't need to give your heart to someone to be happy, you just need to open it to the people who love you. It is because of that Serena. That I do."

I watched as Serena slowly cried tears of joy.

"And Serena, would you like to say anything?"

I stood there waiting for her to say anything, but she didn't. She just looked into my eyes and I looked into hers. I didn't feel scared or nervous, I stood there and was patient.

"Ash…" I watched as every question I had ever asked was answered. Every obstacle, every danger, every time I risked my life, had become worth it. I watched as Serena placed her hands in mine and slowly stood up until she was face to face with me. "I do."

And I kissed my Wife.

Two Years Later on May 22

   I grabbed the bottle of Ketchup that I had recently bought and placed it in my bag. I felt my wife's hand interlock with mine as I took in a deep breath.

"Thanks Sere, shall we go then?"

"Of course let's go." We walked out to the backyard of our house all the way to a small pond with a path leading to the middle. At the very center was a small wooden box floating on a lilypad. We made our way over and we knelt down.

"Hey buddy, it's been a little bit since we last spoke but I guess this time I have something to show you." I reached for Serena and gently placed my hand on her stomach and smiled.

"I'd like you to meet our new member of the family. She's going to be named Spark, right after you." I felt a single tear escape from my eye and land in the water creating a ripple that drew in my sight.

"Ash, he was a hero there isn't a reason to cry." I placed my hand on the top of the box and slowly rubbed it.

"Sere… it will always hurt.'

"Why?"

"Because he wasn't just my hero. He was my friend."

Pikachu
Partner
Hero
Our Friend

FIN