Dirty Laundry

UPDATE YAY!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Abigail woke to the smell of bacon cooking. She shot upright and flung her feet over the edge of the bed. As soon as she touched the floor she was moving quickly and silently to the stairs. She slowly descended them carefully peaking around the banister to try and see who was in her home. As she approached the bottom of the steps she darted across the living room, stopping with her back against the wall. She slid to the edge and peaked around the wall into the kitchen. What she saw caused her eyebrows to raise and her eyes to widen. Standing there clad in jeans and a t-shirt moving around her kitchen making breakfast was none other than Mitchell. She stepped out from her spot on the wall, "What are you doing?" Mitchell spun around in slight surprise, "Darn it, I was going to surprise you when breakfast was ready." Abigail sighed, "No, Mitchell, I meant what are you doing in my house?" "Oh." Mitchell said as if he hadn't even thought about having an explanation for being in her home after only knowing her a few days. "Well, I uh, I thought we could get to know each other better. I've never met another Vampire on the wagon, as it were." He finally stuttered out a slight blush arising with his embarrassment. For a moment there was silence before she finally responded, "Okay, but I have to do my laundry and go to a couple shop today." Mitchell's face brightened at the sound of her acceptance, "Great! I won't be a hindrance, I'll help even!" Abigail laughed softly at his enthusiasm and then poured herself a glass of Orange Juice before sitting down at the table.

          Once breakfast was ready and Mitchell had made both their plates he joined her at the table, a million questions running through his mind. "So," Abigail broke the silence, "What do you want to know?" Mitchell thought for a moment about what to ask first, he didn't want to make her angry or upset by any of his questions. "How did it happen? If that's something you're okay with talking about," he finally asked. The loud laugh that escaped her surprised him. "I have made peace with my demons, long ago, Mitchell. Don't worry about any question you have." Abigail then went on to explain, "it was 1791 and my family owned several plantations in the southern states. I had locked myself in my room refusing my father's demands to come out and meet the boy who was to court me, when I heard a clatter outside my window." She paused a moment looking deep in thought. "I went to the window to see what the noise was and there was a man standing below my window with a handful of pebbles, so cliché right?" Mitchell grinned, "I don't know maybe he was trying to impress you." They both laughed and Abigail thought, 'this is nice, having someone to talk to'. "So you went to the window and…?" Mitchell trailed off so she could continue. He felt so excited to hear her story and find out how and why she didn't succumb to the thirst they both felt. "He turned out to be the man my father wanted me to marry." She said deep in thought, "Little did any of us know what would happen on our first date. He said he wanted to go on a picnic by the lake, that sunset was the last time I thought I'd see the sun, he attacked me just night fell and it was awful." She continued without a falter or hint of hesitation. "The worst part of it though was when he turned me loose on my family, I knew it was wrong but the thirst drove me nearly insane, I took out; my mother, father, three older brothers, and an older sister. The only one who escaped was my grandmother who took my face in her hands and told me that she knew it wasn't my fault, kissed my forehead, and told me to do great things with the 'gift' I had been given." She finished her tale finally let the sadness show.

          Mitchell sat shell shocked for a moment before standing up and coming over to hug her, "She was right you know." Abigail looked up at him confused. "Your grandmother," he answered simply.

          "Can you grab that basket in the bathroom please?" Abigail asked holding the two laundry baskets from her bedroom. "Sure," Mitchell replied, then added, "Hey how come you don't have a washer and dryer here?" Abigail shrugged, "I like people watching I guess." He simply nodded and they headed out to her car to go do laundry. Once they had everything in a washer the two sat down in the plastic chairs to wait. "So, do you think you'd fancy coming round my place for dinner tonight? You could get to know George better." Mitchell asked while opening his water bottle. "Um, are you sure that's a good idea given the knowledge you now have?" Abigail asked, worried about his flat mate finding out about her. Mitchell let out a quiet laugh, "He already knows about me it would be no surprise to him. He has his own secrets as well." Abigail thought about the cryptic answer he had given and then decided. "Sure, sounds nice." She said with a smile. A few hours later all Abigail's laundry was washed, dried, and folded up in her car, and they were on there way back to her house so she could change. Fifteen minutes later Abigail came down the stairs ready to go and Mitchell couldn't help but stare; Form fitting dark wash jeans, a black spaghetti strap with a long sleeve lace overlay, and mid-calf black heeled boots. She grab her denim jacket at the door, "Okay I'm ready." Mitchell then got a good look at her simple eyeliner and mascara, and straight hair. "Yeah, let's go." He said smiling and opening the door.