Chapter 16- Manon

How did I get here?

How did I get to this point in my life where I am following a bunch of Fae, a shifter, a girl with a dog, a dog, an ex goddess, and some randos with wings around in a strange new world. 

How did I get to the point where I am following someone I used to worship not because I want to but because someone she knows may be my only way to get home. 

We finally stopped in front of a white building (A/N I think that is how it was described in the books but idk) that looked quite out of place in the bustling city. There was screen with symbols underneath that the red head pushed. The large metal door, next to it, slowly swung open revealing a store in slight disarray but had a very proper feel to it. There was a small table and some chairs in one corner that the girl gestured too. 

"Sit here and Jesiba will be with you in a second" she claimed before rushing up the stairs and around a corner. 

We all stood in utter silence waiting for the girl to come down. No one spoke for two solid minutes until the girl who said her name was Feyre spoke.

"So Armen how do you know this Jesiba lady?" she questioned seemingly uncomfortable in the tense silence.

Armen just responded vaguely with " I met her a long time ago." 

The blond girl- Mor- who I was only now getting a good look at opened her mouth as if to press the matter further, but before anything was said, footsteps were heard coming down the stairs. A woman neither young nor old, with ash-blond hair appeared at the base of the stairs. She had a familiar aura, one of a witch. 

So this world it seems has witches. It has strange winged creatures, witches, humans, Fae, and likely others. Noted. 

Armen stood and walked over to Jesiba and Jesiba extended the same. They shook hands and muttered unintelligible conversation. 

Everyone had their eyes trained on the two so I let my eyes wonder back to the Mor woman. She looked shockingly like Asterin. Same blond hair and a pair of brown eyes. Her slight tan and scars littering her body she looked as if they could be related. There were some differences but how similar she looked was off-putting. While looking at her my mind started to wander to Asterin. How it was my fault.

My fault.

I should have died not her. 

Not any of them.

Their deaths were my fault.

| Well hello there everyone!!! Thanks for reading this chapter. Please join my discord I am extremely lonely and am in desperate need of friends. This weeks shoutout goes to @katejoseph2 another fellow writer and a reader. They have an amazing story called 'The ones who were promised' and it is just *chefs kiss* so go binge that. Also the other day I woke up and saw this:

and I just gotta say; did I do somethin wrong lol? One last thing, I just got my vaccine today and everyone on here is eligible to get it so if you haven't go get it!!!!!!! Thanks for reading!! Until next week

and I just gotta say; did I do somethin wrong lol? One last thing, I just got my vaccine today and everyone on here is eligible to get it so if you haven't go get it!!!!!!! Thanks for reading!! Until next week.                               -Le        |